Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 5:01 am

Well part two of the cool news I promised is ready. Unreal Ops new partner GameSurge is now live and ready to your IRC please. Here is the official press release.Welcome to GameSurge, The Next Step in the Evolution of Gaming IRC. Developed by the former staff of the GamesNET IRC Network and PGPN.com, GameSurge has been setup to provide professional, non-commercial IRC and community related services. You can expect exciting new things from GameSurge, including a more global focus for our users, localized gaming events, and an overall better user experience for users new to IRC and those who like to chat using telnet at the irc protocol level. Our pledge to you is a solid, innovative, well organized, and easy to use IRC network, and a fun, gaming oriented community.What can I say but if you had a hard time looking for players or servers, look no more. I will have more details on the upcoming UT2004 ladders very soon. In the meantime check out our new IRC home at irc.gamesurge.net in channel #unrealops Come on over!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:13 am

UULAN is going to be in co-op with them too I see?

Gaming Events Signup Form

GameSurge is pleased to announce their first local LAN party in Columbus, Ohio on March 20th - 22th, 2004. You will be able to pre-register for this event on this page in the near future.

I take it the columbus gamesurge server is from bman? Wink
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:01 pm

that'd be my guess Smile

Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:26 am

Yes there will be two LANs a small one and the bigger one (Unreal Expo).

Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:22 pm

Not so sure about bringing the community together. Sad

Looks like all the UT2k3 CTF clans moved back to ETG to be with the rest of the community (cause lets face it, where are the new UT2k4 players going to log onto - the official epic irc network)

http://forums.prounreal.com/viewtopic.php?t=45896&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:56 pm

The IRC topic is one thing I have been butting heads with Rein about for 2 years. Once ETG starts collapsing under the load again he will see Gamesurge is better.

PsychoMoggieBagpuss

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:47 am

Not sure about that, I've idled in a few networks (quakenet, enterthegame and what used to be pgp) for quite a while now and ETG has the less netsplits out of all of them. Haven't had a problem logging on there for the best part of two years now.

Main reason everyone left in the first place wasn't really to do with the stability, more personality clashes between the ETG admins and the players.

Anyway, we're still there (#beyondunreal) and I don't see us moving anywhere for the forseeable future.

PsychoMoggieBagpuss
http://www.beyondunreal.com
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:47 am

I would have to disagree with you on that one. PGP had practically NO problems at all. ETG however was going down like a $2 whore at least once a week. Hey its a free country and your choice. I would rather be on a network that is run by Unreal fans than one that is not.

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:43 pm

gamesnet was often net-splitting but I never remember PGP with a net-split (though I bet it was prolly at least once) I had some problem with ETG so I just didn't bother... I think everyone should come to IRCnet to me Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic