Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:55 am

I've noticed the last few times I tried to get onto our IRC channel that our server is no longer ProGamePlayer. Instead I have noticed that it has become the new Gamesurge server. Which leads me to one conclusion. That Gamesnet, and PGP's server merge was successfull. I just wanted to remind everyone that those two servers are now one server and you might (like I did) have to change your "preform" options next time you get on IRC.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:02 am

wow, cool.
gamesurge, what does surge mean? like suck?

<Rachel> Razz
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:36 am

shock?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:20 am

surge:

surge [ surj ]

intransitive verb (past surged, past participle surged, present participle surg·ing, 3rd person present singular surg·es)

1. move like waves: to move in or like a wave, rising up and subsiding and sweeping forward or back
The boat surged in the rising swell.

2. make concerted rush: to move in a body with a sudden rush in a particular direction

3. increase suddenly: to increase strongly and suddenly

4. nautical slip: to slip while being turned on a capstan or windlass ( refers to ropes and cables )

5. refers to a person who is too lazy to go online and find the definition of the word surge

noun (plural surg·es)

1. large motion: a powerful rising and falling, or forward rushing movement, like that of the sea

2. sudden increase: a sudden increase in something, especially one that seems to rush through somebody or something like a wave

3. electricity power increase: a sudden and temporary increase in electrical current or voltage

4. astronomy energetic solar prominence: an energetic solar prominence lasting for several minutes, which accompanies a solar flare

5. nautical slip of rope: a sudden slipping or slackening of a rope or cable on a boat or ship

[Early 16th century. From French surgir “to rise up” and sourge- , the stem of sourdre “to spring up,” both ultimately from Latin surgere , literally “to rise up from below.”]

Wink

View next topic
View previous topic