Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 9:18 pm

Shattered Oasis, the lovely post-apocalyptic mod for UT2k3 has 2 major news for us today.

"We are finally ready to begin multiplayer testing.
Byte has put together an IR waiting to be ran thru it's paces by some testers, but guess what we need testers . If you think you have what it takes see this forum thread for details on how you can try your hand at testing." They have already released one version that they had some minor problems with and decided to start from the scratch. Though it was very demanding on my computer the maps were amazing and I look forward to this original mod.

They also were rewarded 'PCgamers mod of the month' for the march issue. Congratulations guys, we are all very proud of you Wink. Here's the article about it. Go check out their site which is here.
[SO]Toothless
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:04 am

FYI

We took the public alpha we had released in August last year & threw it out the window.

We kept some maps and tweaked them heavily for optimization.

Everything has been rewritten from scratch including the weapons and menus as well as 2 new gametypes added.

and couple more

We had a short test last night and I'm happy to say it ran as smooth as a baby's bottom. my meager amd 1900+ with GFti4200 avg 50 fps @ 1024x768 everything high & Highest triliinear filter on

So uhm ya it's a different experience now.

We had one tester last night that said he had to go to bed for an hour lol.
He just couldn't stop playing.... things like that say a lot for this new version

View next topic
View previous topic