Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:38 am

w00t w00t!
Okay, so, for Valentine's day, my girlfriend Nikki (MamaHahn) pre-ordered UT04: SE for me. w00t! As I believe most of you already know, EB Games initially messed up the order, and put it "on hold awaiting authorization". I began to freak out, but fear not: My awesome girlfriend called them, bitched them out, and got it straightened out. I got it yesterday, which was as fast as you can get it from any store (as far as I know).
So, I opened up the package, and let me just say that I AM AMAZED. The metal box sheath was really nifty and VERY cool looking. So, I opened up the box itself and lo - there was teh game! In a nice DVD case, to boot.
I opened up the case (which didn't have any of those damn stickers on it, thank god) and plopped the DVD into the drive and began the install process. Once I got the install going (which doesn't take nearly as long as you would expect - that 5.5g got on my HDD pretty fast Very Happy) I began rifling through the rest of the package. There was a nice color manual, the Logitech headset (which is top quality, IMHO) and some stickers and the rebate form.

Bah... I have to go - work calls. I'm at school, but I teach two classes, and one of them is coming up in five minutes. I'll update the rest of the experience and give you a teaser of my review when I get home... or when I break away from teh game Smile

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 9:50 am

for real!
see, women always get what they want.. Smile im sure if you called they wouldent got it so fast, unless you thrteatend em with a gun.
is it realy metal? or shiny cardboard?
and when you opend it, did it glow? like it came from heaven? or like and angel? i gues not Smile
maybe it went so fast couse you where staring at the case and headset etc for so long.
also, i alreayd got that headset for 6 monts now i think. maybe a year. and iv always sayed it kicks ass. so dont say IMHO, its opinion to Very Happy
what stickers?
and rebate is still for USA only?

<Rachel> Razz
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:33 am

the box is a metal tin surrounding a cardboard box... i was expecting a totally metal box but i guess everything cant be what we expect tho....

Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:53 am

IMO The package is nice, but didn't live up to my expectations. However, getting the DVDs and the Headset were top on my list. Also it's nice to have the box to display on the shelf too. I'm not dissapointed, but I had expected a full tin box and not a "Sleeve".

BTW - THe engineering on that is neat. I thought the split in the back was kinda cheezy, but after giving it a bit of thought I realize it makes great sense as it provides tension on the inner box to hold it in place. A complete wrap-around design would make it either too tight to get the box in there, or too loose to hold it in place. THis makes it (fairly) easy to slide the box in while maintaining proper tension too. Simple. Effective. Admirable.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:27 am

i got no clue what your talking about in the last part of your reply Smile but thats just me Rolling Eyes
thanks raven for letting me know. i couldent get an SE. so im stuck with stupid normal one. but i flamed all about that in other threads, so i wont bothe ryou again.

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic