Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:51 pm

So, now it's out. Anyone seen the movie? I caught it on IMAX the first night it was in the theaters. Cool movie, but somehow disappointing in a way. Just didn't seem to end like a Matrix movie ought to.

I mean, there was lots of action and the SFX were great, but I either didn't "get it" or the storyline just went flat. Still, I think I'll be getting it, have to get the other two as well.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:45 pm

<spoiler>
yeah. bit weird all..
iv seen it. in my way. Wink
i dident realy understand the end. something like the matrix was resetted or something? bit fuzzy all. nice action tho. but i think the matirx is so cool couse of the weird story no one understands.
</spoiler>

<Rachel> Razz
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:46 pm

Marginally better than Reloaded imo, but still disappointing. Neither of the sequels seemed to have grasped the reasons why the original was a success, both in terms of action and storytelling. The bullet-time gunfights, stylish but not over-done (and not just slow-motion fights like some wannabes do), and the excellent kung fu, rivalling all but Bruce Lee's movies, were the action scenes that made The Matrix so eminently re-watchable. Both were hideously lacking in the sequels: the only really decent kung-fu beatdown was Morpheus and the Agent on top of the truck in Reloaded, and there were no bullet time moments worthy of note. Revolutions' "real-world" battle with the Sentinels was incredible, but in an entirely different sense, and wasn't enough to put it into a league close to the original movie. The rest of the action throughout Reloaded and Revolutions was soulless rubbish; both the battles with the Smiths were huge disappointments.

As for the storytelling, The Matrix captured the imagination of an entire generation (or two) with its amazing storyline of unreality. The other two movies didn't expand on this much at all, it was mostly based around Zion, which was just a sideline to the original movie's story.

So, slightly-above-mediocre movies in their own right, and certainly incredibly epic, but not worthy of the Matrix name.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:48 pm

OMG you typed all that in less then 1 minute!

wel, yeah i agree to.. but admit, it was good to see. even tho some stuff sucked.

LOTR is better IMHO

<Rachel> Razz
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:44 pm

What is this talk of there bein more than 1 matrix movie. There is only one. I deny the existance of any sequels! ...can you guess how I feel about Reloaded and Revolutions?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 1:22 am

the problem was Enter the Matrix... that had small bits of the storyline that tie Reloaded and Reveloutions.

Now when I hear ppl say I didnt get Revolutions I ask did u play ETM? usual reply is no.

Anyways point is if u really want to make sense of all it u need to play that subpar game. It was ok but somethings about it ticked me off

mozidesign.com
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:46 am

who delted my post?

i might need to try the game then... never played it.
heared bad reviews about it.

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 10:29 am

I'm not wasting my time with that game just to know a little bit more about the Matrix Movies. That'd be dumb. Almost as dumb as requiring a person to buy and play a video game just to understand the plot of a movie.

I don't want the Wachowski brothers to explain the movies, just apologize for them!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 9:11 am

Almost rented the Revolutions move this weekend. Instead we got Kill Bill Vol.1.

That movie rocked! Def a strange, and violent movie, but very cool. If you liked Pulp Fiction, then I think Kill Bill is right up your alley!

Too sick to describe in more detail. Some really interesting anime scenes though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:40 pm

I loved Pulp Fiction, but didn't like Kill Bill. All style, no substance.. or plot, for that matter. Fiction will always be a classic because of how masterful the plot is, and the great way all the threads are interwoven; not to mention the various themes that can be seen in the narative, the fantastic dialogues between the characters, and the general good feeling you get after seeing it. Sorry but none of that can be applied to Kill Bill, Quentin Tarantino's just become far too self-indulgent.

Vertigo@ftuc.net - Email
ig_lordvertigo@hotmail.com - MSN messenger
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:26 am

At this point I have to agree with you on most all accounts, but they are two separate movies and not meant to be the same style.

Also, remember that Kill Bill is two parts, the second part just came out and though I haven't seen it yet, I'd guess that it's pretty much required in order to complete the first movie and tie all of the plot lines together.

Kill Bill IS all about style. The plotline is very simple, presented in a somewhat disjointed manner. My understanding is that Kill Bill Vol 2. has much more dialogue and really caps off the movie.

PF was also a very disjointed movie, but the dialogue completely made the movie. I also enjoyed the irony, but to be honest, the plotline wasn't any more solid than Kill Bill's. In fact, I'd like a good description of the plotline of Pulp Fiction. It's almost impossible to define because it was intended to be a loose presentation of a variety of different, but related, circumstances. That's why it was titled Pulp Fiction (He even gives a definition of the terms at the start of the movie as a way of preparing you for the film). It's the way that Quentin dishes it out that really separates him from the other film makers.

Kill Bill's plot is no mystery. It's about someone trying to Kill Bill! What makes the movie special is the way it's presented. The style IS the substance!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:34 am

kill bill 2 is the "weld between two joined pieces of metal" its required to get the full effect of the movie.

it shows how this whole story starts, how uma thurmans character learned her talents, and, most importantly it has a very happy ending Very Happy

/me not gunna tell you what it is tho Razz

Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:17 am

dammit11111

I haven't seen it yet!! no spoilers!

I gotta say, Uma is one BADDASS Pseudo Samurai!!

Loved it when she took out Lucy Liu at the end of part one. Disgusting!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:56 am

technically i diddnt spoil anything... but you will be thouroughly entertained througout the whole movie Smile

Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:31 am

Yeah, I know you didn't spoil it and I didn't want you to either!!

My friend is a big PF fan and I know he would enjoy KB because of the cool way there is so much violence and twists and because QT can really present this kind of movie. I bought the first part on my recommendation, but didn't get to watch it yet cause his wife worked late and wanted to watch it with him. he he.

I know QT usually cameos in his films, but I didnt' remember seeing him in part one. Anyone know if he was there or not?
Dont' forget to not spoil part two though...

View next topic
View previous topic