Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:10 pm

hey yall readers,

i dident knew SP2 was out yet, for windows XP. so when i heared i went home and went to the microsoft update instal page thingy. there wasnt anything there. so i did some searches, and i found some stuff about it and dlaod links etc. but why dont it come up in the windows update page.. infact. i havent seen any updates there for a long time.
i was wondering if its recommend to update, i dont have any probs as far as i know, windows runs fine. so i was hoping one of the 'experts' here could help me out on this one, since im not into all these updates and what to update and what not. i do got SP1.
also should i get a native langauge, or wil english do fine? (compatebility problems?)
think thats all i needed to know, if not il update this.

thanks alot,
Cheetah

<Rachel> Razz
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 4:54 pm

in all of my wisdom, i figure its never going to hurt to update....

because most of the time there is an update offered its there to patch a hole. or optimize your OS.

I always DL them. and i always check for new updates daily...

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 5:30 pm

SP2 isn't out. There are some release candidates out for others to test with, but the official supported one isn't out yet, and as soon as it is officially released, you can bet it will be on windows update.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:13 pm

With regards to your question about languages, you'll want to make sure you get the one localized for the version of windows you're running. That will cause the least amount of errors. Which, if you bought it in the netherlands, then you'll want to get the matching package.

However, I would wait until SP2 is officially released before upgrading. It's been my experience that, especially when dealing with Microsoft products, that is the safer route. Not only because there are holes which could potentially still need to be filled, but simply for a stability issue.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 6:03 am

thanks all 3 of you.
as my suspicius was right, it was still the kinda beta version, couse i found it odd that i hadent heared anything about it here or on windows update yet. i havent installed or dlaoded it yet, so il just wait till the official dutch version coes out then.
thanks a million,
Cheetah

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic