Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:19 pm

The full version of XMP will be released on December 9th to coincide with the appearence of Unreal II Special Edition, but for now you can grab the demo from one of the BeyondUnreal mirrors.

The file weighs in at around 150MB — What are you waiting for, Christmas? Wink
zenmaster
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:55 pm

Its a bit slow paced Confused but it's different Smile

Zen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:01 pm

Dont worry when the good players get on board it'll speed up. I've been in some hectic battles over the course of the beta that were well worth the telling of tales....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:05 pm

i must say...
it was difficult to beginn with, but it sure had its own way of grooove...
Enjoy!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thx again
Plumb_Drumb
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 11:43 pm

It's fookin brilliant, but my system has a hard time when servers get filled up Sad

a simple $1500 dollar upgrade should cure that Shocked

It's wierd cause no amount of graphic tweaking makes more than a frame of difference when there's 15+ players on.
It must be a CPU thing (and me MB doesn't want to support more than i have Crying or Very sad )

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:36 am

are there bots??
MachDelta
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:04 am

No bots.

Bots bad, bots dumb. Bots not know how to drive or place turrets, much less dodge-jump and play as team.

So no, no bots. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:06 am

MachDelta wrote:
No bots.

Bots bad, bots dumb. Bots not know how to drive or place turrets, much less dodge-jump and play as team.

So no, no bots. Smile

Nooooooooo Sad
I don't have a good internet connection... i have only 4 pc in LAN....
enfestid
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 3:27 pm

Amazing game... It's slower paced, but it's like that for a reason. This is not a UT clone by any means. It's meant to be a slower, more strategic game. It revolves around teamwork, not rambo style play.

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:18 pm

I've definately enjoyed this a lot, and I've already had some chance to get a couple people together on a lan for some playtime. Good fun I tell you (when I'm not lagging Wink ). Definately can't wait for the full version to be released.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:09 pm

Frickin' amazing. Seems like a strange mix of Delta Force (pre-Black Hawk Down), UT2004 and BF'42, only better Razz. I got drawn straight in because of the teamwork I was getting (even though I had no idea what I was doing Razz), and turns out the deeper you get into the game, the better it gets. I'm supergluing my arse to this chair as a statement of how wicked XMP is. Yeah!
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:38 pm

That's what we like to hear SirYawnalot Very Happy Yeah, the teamwork gets better and better as the players improve. I can't tell you how much time has just been sucked into playing this game in beta, and I can remember many matches that have gone on for a solid and intense 40 minutes, where victory definitely felt very much earned and defeat left you with only respect for your opponents and the desire to even the score on the next map. Seriously, if you take the time to get into it (and can handle the lag which will hopefully get fixed soon, but was a problem in the beta before all you new-bloods got the chance to complain about it Razz) this game dishes out some of the best experiences gaming has to offer.

View next topic
View previous topic