Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:15 pm

So what would a Tycho news day be without a nice juicy subject to debate.  As most of you may know that Saddam was captured this past weekend.  It was one of the most divided emotions news that I had received in a while. I mean I am very happy that the butcher of innocent women and children is captured, I fear this may mean that Bush will win next year's election. This would not be a good thing in my opinion.  I want to know what you all think of this past weekend's events.
CrashOverwrite
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:25 pm

congratulations to bush for catching this sucker.

Damn, Bush will win the next votes! But hurray! I don`t live in the USA!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:34 pm

I'm happy they got him, but my setiments re: Bush are about the same as Tycho's. Sad
Angel_Mapper
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:54 pm

I think you should keep personal politics off the site. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:59 pm

I'm with angel on this one guys. Republican or Democrat, terrorists have to be delt with. End of story and hopefully, the thread as well.
angry gibbon
UO Noob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:34 pm

Excerpts from an article on Whitehouse.org:

"...In celebration of our astonishing ability to evict a bewildered 66 year-old from a hole in the ground with only 400+ U.S. casualties, let all Americans follow my personal example, and demonstrate their patriotism by standing topless in front of a mirror, gritting their teeth, flexing their muscles and bellowing, "WHO'S THE FUCKING MAN? I'M THE FUCKING MAN! USA! USA! USA!"

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the peerless arsenal of the United States military-industrial complex, do hereby proclaim December 15, 2003, to be National Victory Over the Guy Who Isn't Osama Bin Laden Day."

(I support our troops but fear my government)
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:18 pm

I mean I personally couldn't care less if Saddam is left alone or killed, tortured, grilled and made a food for all american BBQ in front of the White House... my point is when one country goes over to other countries and tells them how to govern there country then I will never be safe, the chemical weapons is clearly a lie that the evil governors of this world made up so the part about the butchering could be as much lie as the chemical thing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 2:03 pm

I'm happy that he was caught. No doubt about it. The people of Iraq can hopefully begin a new life now.

Who wants to bet Bin Laden will be caught within 4 months when the presidential campaign heats up?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:00 pm

Iknow you usa patriots disagree but i suport saddam and think bush must be the dummest president to pop up in the usa! sorry for having an opinion but bush REALY sucks Clinton was at least against war ... Thats my NORWEGIAN opinion sorry thx again for a great site
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2003 7:30 pm

Saddam has done some good for Iraq in his time, but the mans regime is guilty of crimes against humanity for pities sake. Regardless of the connection with 9/11, Saddam needed to be unseated and the issues that Russia, France, Britain, Germany and America helped create needed addressing.

I’ve been reading up on some of Iraq’s history and it seems the country was doing quite well up until the the 8-year war with Iran which started in 1980. There were even plans for a democratic path. Alas, it seems that the greed of the governing family was instrumental in the countries downfall and the suffering of its citizens. I do not think that any amount of good-deeds in the past can forgive the atrocities that the Baath party inflicted on the Kurds, other minorities, and even Iraqis themselves. Approximately 500,000 people have died needlessly in Saddam’s reign.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 9:38 am

GHASH... it's fine that you don't like Bush -most people share that opinion- but that doesn't mean that you should support someone like Saddam.
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 2:37 pm

GHASH wrote:
Iknow you usa patriots disagree but i suport saddam and think bush must be the dummest president to pop up in the usa! sorry for having an opinion but bush REALY sucks Clinton was at least against war ... Thats my NORWEGIAN opinion sorry thx again for a great site
No offense, but why and how can you support Saddam?

ghash

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 3:24 pm

i kinda like tyrants and rulers with Iron fist, so sorry me and condem me to hell! but thats the truth!! so if someone is a tyrant, i think its strange that usa is the land to decide whats for the best for EVERYONE on this planet! strange why he isnt the ruler of the universe this jerkoff bush! well hell he might just decide whats best for us in norway by the way! you think I am stupid now.... well no hard feeling... we Norwegians are fed up with christian country decide whats best for everyone usa!!! sorry!! thx for a great site !
Sqaure[G]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:01 pm

Hi.

Seems to me like Mr.Fancypants G.W.Bush should try to fix things in his own backyard, before he goes after the whole neighbourhood. As if spewing out toxic waste by the buckets all over the atmosphere and givnin a good damn about agreements to reduce this shit wasn`t enough, he has to go out and bomb half the world back to the stoneage... you`re ruler is f***ed in the head... Mr. Hussein is a "nice guy" compared to G.W.Bush....

(The world pretty much gives a flyin`f*** about "the american way of life")

So....

No offence to you guys (americans)....... just had to get this off my chest.... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 5:20 pm

The key difference is that if you insult Bush publicly, you're fairly unlikely to get electrodes strapped to your genitals or oil poured in your mouth.

The same only goes for Saddam because he's now out of power.

View next topic
View previous topic