Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:58 am

All I can say is wow. Our fellow news reporter -dp- shot a quick email off to me today letting me know of a game that he found that was free, and fun. So I figured, what the heck, I'll give it a download, and see what all the hu-bub is about right? Oh do I wish it had ended there.

The game, as you might tell from the news post title, is entitled Babylon 5 - I've Found Her, and for anyone who has ever watched the Babylon 5 TV series and wanted to fly around space in a Starfury, this is your chance!

First things first, you strap into your Starfury, and off you go for some training mission glory. This step is HIGHLY recommended for those of us who might be new to the game, and heck, even if you're an ace pilot, training again never hurt anyone. Right away I find one thing I love about this game, where most games that are flight sim style force me to use a joystick or clumbsy keyboard controls, this game keeps the controls relatively simple. I have the feeling of being in a first person shooter while flying around, yes, I'm using my familiar WASD config for thruster movement, and my mouse for freelooking. FINALLY!

And what fun would it be flying around in a Starfury if you didn't get to blow some stuff up? Well, that's exactly what you get to do once you master flying the beast around. And let me tell you, it's no easy matter. I sat down today after downloading it, and was amazed by how much I had forgotten from my Decent and X-Wing days. Just remember this, the MATCH SPEED option is your friend, use it, and you'll be making those kill shots in no time.

Anyway, I found this game completely addicting, and I can't wait for future updates! Right now one thing I did find that it lacks is the online playability, however there is a "Skirmish" option available in the menu, so my hopes are high for some future lan party joy.

Enough of this dribble, head over to the I've Found Her website and download this beast today! You won't be sorry.

Oh yeah, one more thing to mention, Modem users might wanna go bum some bandwidth off someone with broadband, this file weighs in at 220megs.
MachDelta
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:52 pm

Oh sweet! Ever since the first time I saw a Starfury (in the Bab5 premier noless), I dreamed of flying one. Wheeeee!!

Too bad there aren't any screenshots on their "new" site yet. Oh well - i've got to make up for 4 days of untouched bandwidth anyways Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic