Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003 1:13 am

A while ago, I posted about the Child's Play project being done by the guys over at Penny Arcade, and I thought I'd bring all of the gamers out there up to date on the latest happenings. From various posts over at Penny Arcade, the Child's Play toy drive, which originally sought to bring in about 100 games for the Seattle Children's Hospital, has now brought in over $64,000USD IN CASH AND GAMES! That's right, not $640, not $6,400, but $64,000 in games for children! And we're only on the 9th of December, so imagine how much more the charity drive could bring in by the deadline of the 15th! This drive is gamers giving to future gamers, nothing more, nothing less, while showing the folks in various organizations such as MAVAV that gamers aren't all evil, and that games aren't corrupting the children of our society!

Speaking for myself? I've already made my donation to their drive, and if I could, I'd donate more in a heartbeat, but the checkbook just won't allow it. If you figure that if you skip a single time eating out, you could give a great number of sick children a smile on their face, it's well worth the loss of your Chicken Nuggets. So please, from one gamer to another, I implore you, head over to the Child's Play website and make a donation. They've got their Amazon.com wish list available with plenty of gifts in every price range, and what could be better than helping out kids with a game or two?

View next topic
View previous topic