Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:25 am

HomeLan seems to have a lot of info about Tribes: Vengeance, coming down the pipe lately. And again they score a hit with their latest interview. This time with Chris Mahnken of VUGames. Heres a snippit:HomeLAN - Some people were surprised that Irrational Games would be creating the next game in the Tribes series. How did it come about that the developer got the gig to handle the game's creation?Chris Mahnken - We talked with over 20 different developers when we were searching for a team to make Vengeance. We slowly whittled our list down to one very big name developer and two smaller developers and started working with them. They all turned in design docs and we went thru a round of revision and it became obvious that none of them got it. The big name wanted to make the same game they had just finished, but in Space instead of Europe. The others made improvements like less of that difficult jet packing stuff, etc… So after several months of searching we were back to square one. I had just finished playing the Freedom Force demo and so I took a wild shot and called Ken Levine and asked him if he would be interested in having his Freedom Force team start work on Tribes once they shipped. Everything clicked from the very beginning and it has been one of the best projects I’ve ever worked on.Lookin Good! Check out the full interview.

View next topic
View previous topic