Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:08 pm

First of all an apology for busting in on Mr. B's news day but the screenies on this article are incredible.  Ownt (never heard of them until today) has a cool feature called Developer's Diaries.  Their's features some of the Tribes 3 Team thoughts.  Here is a sample shot.While looking over the screenies one thing dawned on me.  I thought 'this is what Unreal Warfare is supposed to be', in my eyes at least.  Ironically the Unreal Engine powers this game and that is what makes my bummed even more.  If Sierra can put out a game like this just imagine what the boys and Digital Extremes and Epic could do if they put some creative differences aside and kick some ass.  Makes me wonder indeed...
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:47 pm

Those screens are great Shocked I don’t mind my news-day being busted. Wink

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:49 pm

Welp, screw UT2k4, I'm all about T:V Razz

Tribes 1 hit me like a brick house, and consumed my life for a while (as was evident by my grades that term in college), though unfortunately Tribes 2 didn't have everything we all had been hopeing for. But this, oh, this makes me look forward with joy in my eyes!

BRING IT ON!

SHAZBOT!

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:16 pm

well good but UT2k4 great? that is a big question

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:23 pm

I dunno mate, without playing onslaught I'm reserving judgement, but anymore, it seems that the teambased games are just becoming so much better than your classic deathmatch where UT2k3 and the Quake series really shine.

Only time will tell though.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
-dp-
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:39 am

Teambased games is fun but I really want to have te option of playing some nice old DM. UT2004 is going to have both DM and some cool teambased gameptypes (Onslaught and Assault). Very Happy I canīt think of a better multiplayer game being released in 2004 but I guess the show is just being started and you never know what will hit the shelves. I sure want to play Doom3 and Half Life 2 but that is mostly because of the singelplayer. We see alot of games (S.T.A.L.K.E.R etc.) being created by less known companies and we never know what they will bring us. We often know pretty much what to expect from the bigger companies. They give us what we want (most of the time) but you gotto be open minded and try some games that donīt have the money to advertise big time. To many people donīt try less known titles and or mods because "all of the others" play other ones.

I was just going write a short line but if Iīm not stopping now it could get a whole story and ... Twisted Evil

-dp-
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:38 pm

Tycho wrote:
If Sierra can put out a game like this just imagine what the boys and Digital Extremes and Epic could do if they put some creative differences aside and kick some ass.  Makes me wonder indeed...

I must have missed something at some point............expand on the "creative differences" part. What's been the problem between Epic and DE?

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:51 am

Some day when I feel like getting a phone call from Mark Rein I will elaborate more.

Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"

View next topic
View previous topic