View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:56 am

This just in from Winged Unicorn over at The Legend of Vandora:
We're proud to announce a new mod for the upcoming Unreal Tournament 2004 called "The Legend of Vandora". I'm sure you all are wondering where you heard that name before... yes, it's the name of the intriguing Nali goddess of lightning from Unreal 1! In fact, the mod is going to be a coop/sp experience based on the U1 universe, with the addition of all the goodies that the new engine can offer. The goal of the team is to recreate the amazing experience of the old days that was kinda lost with Unreal 2, trying to remain as close as possible to the original feeling. Of course, there are gonna be new elements, such as vehicles, classes and a general idea of "non-linearity", but everything will be hopefully merged with the U1 look & feel.

Since we would like to get the community involved, we started a contest: everyone is welcome to partecipate and send us a concept story (or, in other words, her/his personal vision of the eventual sequel of Unreal 1). The best concept story will be used as a start for the project and the creator will join our team as the official concept artist. That way, she/he will be able to work closer with us and realize something unique Smile

More details about the contest and other info about the project can be found at our site, http://www.legendofvandora.net

If you loved Unreal 1, don't waste time and join the contest now!Hey, if it's got ties to the game that got me started in the Unreal Series (Unreal 1), then I'm all over that! You guys will definately want to check this out.

View next topic
View previous topic