Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:33 am

The guys over at Starsiege Universe have a great interview with the developers of the first major mod for Tribes: Vengeance, which details some of their ideas and strategies for making this excellent and anticipated addon. To quote a great piece from the article that gives me great hope for the mod and the developers behind it:
SSU: The team behind Tribes Vengeance has openly stated that they want to tell a mature story, and aren't worried about the rating that T:V gets. What are your plans in that respect?

Blake: Pretty much the same. We caught some flak with the original Starsiege for including a few off-color exclamations, stuff like "Goddam horse's ass," that sort of thing. You could also find some pretty disturbing images in the game, like the stalking and killing of children, genocide, human shields, mass torture as a military tactic, and the like. I don't think we need to soft-pedal it. Starsiege contains some psychologically graphic story elements, right from the little girl reciting that grim nursery rhyme in the opening AVI. We're telling a futuristic military story in a gritty space opera setting, so that adds up to something aimed at a mature audience.
Hey, I'm all for games that don't care what type of rating they get as long as the content is genuine! Good job guys! You can of course check out the entire article for yourself over here.

View next topic
View previous topic