Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:05 am

Well I can see by the posts that I need to hurry up and Mr. B is coming down the hall (ducks for cover). I had one more thing to post about before I get a flood of emails. Several fans were wondering if the demo was going to be out this weekend. They, like myself, wanted to know if they should make plans or not (hey its has been a LONG time since I was this excited for a game Razz). The Evil Pezman had said earlier this week that it wouldn't be released Friday. While I personally despise the man he does usually speak the truth (save for when he talks about Unreal Ops Razz).

Dr. Sin confirmed that is probably wouldn't be released this weekend. This also seems sound as when Epic released the demo back in '02 they gave us News Webmasters (Beyond Unreal, Planet Unreal and Unreal Ops) a copy of it a couple of hours before the announcement so we could have mirrors ready. If Mark Rein is one thing, he is a creature of habit and I would expect the same thing to happen this time. What does this mean? It means go out this weekend and have some beers (if your 21) and have some fun because sometime next week your social life is over. Smile
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 2:19 pm

[smeagol voice] my.. precious Very Happy [/smeagol voice]

o god,.. i cant wait.. UT2004 demo... i am hoping i cna play that weekend.. Razz

<Rachel> Razz
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 5:48 pm

im very excited, cept my old computer isnt Sad
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:55 pm

Oh heaven help the guys over at Epic if they miss this date. You'll have one VERY PISSED OFF community.

Course, it'll be interesting to finally try out Onslaught, and see if this new addition and the others made might indeed be the saving grace. I know I've sounded skeptical in the past, but I do have my reasons. There is a rather large community for the "Classed Team Play" type games, which include XMP, Team Fortress, Tribes, and the like. I'm HOPEING that UT2k4 will draw some of those people into the community, as they're honestly some of the more civilized players I've played with in recent history. I simply can't stand the script kiddies and "u r dead caus I am l33t" type people so often filling UT2k3 servers these days. It's really turned me off on even getting in a good CTF match.

But the verdict is still out, and I'll definately be checking out this release with some buddies of mine on a LAN setup we've got within a day or so of it's release. We'll put this sucker thru it's paces Razz Have no fear there, and you'll prolly hear from me as to how it went. We've got a pretty good variety of player in our group, from simple quiet people, who play when their kids are asleep, to jobless schmucks who sit around and play all day, to a couple guys who get into it hardcore (including some ladder team members). We all come from different backgrounds in the gaming industry, so it should give me a fairly good slice of what people are going to think.

But indeed, I'll be looking forward to this download.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
alpha2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:04 pm

Quote:
Oh heaven help the guys over at Epic if they miss this date. You'll have one VERY PISSED OFF community

you have to ask urself if they (INFOGRAMES) care Crying or Very sad
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:28 pm

alpha2003 wrote:
Quote:
Oh heaven help the guys over at Epic if they miss this date. You'll have one VERY PISSED OFF community

You mean atari? Razz

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
alpha2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:35 pm

yes, they arent worthy of the name Atari.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:48 pm

alpha2003 wrote:
Quote:

If they care about making money (which if they don't, why would they be in business) then they do care. Simple as that. Piss off the people who might be BUYING the game, and winde up becoming the next company to go under.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
alpha2003

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:53 pm

yes they do care about making money but what they know is that no matter when they release the demo, their game will still sell super fast when its released.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:26 pm

Peoii wrote:
Oh heaven help the guys over at Epic if they miss this date. You'll have one VERY PISSED OFF community.

You know Marky said he would burn down Epic if the date would not stand so... one agry community + burning down your company

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:27 am

alpha2003 wrote:
yes, they arent worthy of the name Atari.

Heh, I don't think anyone would EVER be worthy of that name......

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:34 am

alpha2003 wrote:
yes they do care about making money but what they know is that no matter when they release the demo, their game will still sell super fast when its released.

Well......don't forget they sold UT2k3 well off of name recognition from UT. However, everyone who bought the game and didn't like it and haven't kept up with what UT2k4 will be, may not buy the new game. So in this case they are probably more inclined to deliver the goods both in a timely and quality assured way. Those of us reading up about it and keeping close tabs on it know or have a good idea that UT2k4 is gonna be pretty slick. Everyone else not as hardcore as us won't have a clue as to its quality etc.

They have to make sure they sell to them. They're the ones they make money off of. Us hardcore fanboys only make up a few percent of the total purchasing power out there.

Cheers Smile

Igi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:10 am

God bless Europe !

Beer with 16 Very Happy Shocked
JaFO

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:24 am

Anyone that buys the game without playing the demo deserves everything they get.

If they're so stupid to repeat their mistake again then I really don't want to listen to their whining about how UT'04 should be more like UT'99.

btw :
Atari a 'great' company ? The same one that brought the great ET-game for their console ?

At least they've allowed Epic to remove the cd-check in patches twice now.
That's more than I can say about Ubisoft & co for example.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 4:12 am

Igi wrote:
God bless Europe !

Beer with 16 Very Happy Shocked

In Iceland down to 1 month year old kids can drink (though I bet it's parents would be questioned as a good parent but the police can take anyone they want with drunk in public thingy... clever, right? Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic