Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 11:49 am

Good morning all. Looks like I am the posting hootch for today. I want to start things off with a question for everyone. I have had to work everday since the release so I haven't had any time to play (sucks don't it). I had a reader sent in a question that I can't him with yet. I am hoping some of you can. Here is his email."Hey man I visit your site everyday and cruised the forums for this but didn’t find anything…. How do you get the voice chat to work? I have that little led up in the left that shows Im talking, but no one can hear, no matter how many different channels I join. I could just be really stupid, or just so excited about a cool game that Im missing something. Anyways, anything would be appreciated." Thanks KevinIf you know something please stop by the comments area and help him out. This does bring up an idea. I know a couple of small UT2004 Mini Bibles have started but haven't seen anything big yet. If you want to start a thread with tips and ideas on the demo I will post it on the site!

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 12:34 pm

well. first, does your microphone work in other programs? like TeamSpeak, Windows, MSN, ot whatever program you use. if not check ya windowes sound config.
also do a MSN mic config, helps sometimes.

if it works, go to the game and enable the VoIP stuff.
then find a server where it works on, couse i enabled it on my serfver.. but for some reason it wont work.. realy weird. so find a server that you know sure of has VoIP.
Cheetah

<Rachel> Razz
zenmaster
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:18 pm

All the offical Atari/Epic servers have VOIP enabled; their are some feature that where left out and I have asked the Epic hancos about it.....if you didn't know already "F" is the default button to enable VOIP. Also you will hear your speakers go silent as you hold it down while you talk!

Zen

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:38 pm

The manual that is included with the demo FULLY describes how VoIP works. So read the manual first. Basically.. When you hold the F button down the speakers will go to some 10% their volume and you will see a doodad on the side. The doodad tells you which channel you are speaking to, and the volume level (so you know if it's working or not). You should be able to hear yourself through the speakers too.
I assigned buttons to switch from Team to Public channels so I can quickly taunt the other team.

It works great. Whenever I've been on a team with 3+ players on voice, actually talking to each other, we ALWAYS win. Nothing like saying "tank coming down middle" .."can someone take out that bird" .."watch to your right!"

Great stuff.
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:41 pm

you guys probably mentioned this but, make sure you press and HOLD f while speaking...also make sure your mic is enabled in windows settings.

the best place to ask is the INA/Atari forums where you get instant responses
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 7:12 am

i can talk, but i cant enable it on my server.. thos this does not mather anymore, couse i got a router now, and i cnat even host a server anymore.. sucks..

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:03 pm

I would be very surprised if you couldn't host a server just because you have a router. At least my cheap-ass router lets me host servers if I configure it right. It's a D-Link 704P or something like that with a Print server built right in.

I can set it up to allow access to servers or complete access to a certain IP address. I had a email program with Webmail enabled running through it for a short time.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:22 pm

the ports blocked that's all it is.

you just gotta enable port forwarding......

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:39 am

yeah, iknow, i gotto open some ports.. but i duno how.,.
whats a print port?

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic