Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:19 am

While playing ONSLAUGHT, (of course), I jumped into the Hellbender to go run over some Blues and from third-person view, behind the Hellbender I could see the license plate. Know what it said?

HMRCDL

Yeah, my game name abbreviated!! How cool is that? And, I didn't even have to pay the DMV to get the personalized plate!! What an awesome deal!

Maybe everyone should check that out. I wanted to get a screenshot, but by the time I got my hand up on the key, a tank rammed me and destroyed the Hellbender.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 2:32 pm

yeah, i know!
its cool, step in, and then get out and you still see it.

tho. the hellbender let me down, it looked awsome in movies and al. but its not that fun, and the second gun suxors.. the read gun is nice tho.
but if ya alone your so death in that thing..

<Rachel> Razz
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:23 pm

the problem with the second gun is that you can't really see where the balls are and for those who haven't checked out Excessive mod then this is exactly how it was... well in UT at least Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:16 am

Yeah. Hellbender sucks big time. I was really excited to try it out, but then I realized that ththere's nothing to do but drive somewhere. Any other vehicle is faster. The gun in back does not make up for the vehicle as a whole either. Junk.

THey could make it like a Monster Truck where you can drive over other vehicles and destroy them. At least!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:53 pm

lol, yeah, it should be like ramming and damaging them.. but it doesnt..
i have worked out some tactics that work quite well.
i like to use it as a movable cannon, i just drive of whereever i want to be, and get in the back and shoot on people.
you cant use its back cannon good when its driving, so you need to be stil anyway.. you can get some kills with it.

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 9:49 am

After playing a bit more I still don't like it, but at least I have another option if that's the only vehicle around at the moment.

I did get to try out the Redeemer and that didn't work out too well for me either. At least at the time. I got up on top of the tower and fired it down on the Blues who were building their Power Node. But they shot it down.

Then I tried firing it at the Blues building a Power Node right underneath the Tower. However, by the time the deemer got there the Blues advanced troops had destroyed the Red Node and their Node had become invulnerable. I think the Deemer is too slow. At least it feels slow to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:10 am

its the same speed from 2k3 Smile

you just have to know when/where/how to fire it. most of the time i dont even "fly" it i just aim and shoot

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:55 am

deemer.. yeah alot of batles are fought for it in raptors Very Happy
those damn bots always know when to shoot it, and always hit, online nobody notices it, and you can mostly use it witout having it shot down.
tho i get scared alot when i see a big slow rocket aproaching my core/node. but then im mostly lucky and its a avril Razz

aslo, i found a nice glitch, dunno if it works all the time, but heres what i did by exident.

i selected the avril (9) and pressed E rigth after it while facing a scorpion, my girl got in the car, with a avril in her hands. looked funy Very Happy

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 1:56 pm

Raven wrote:
its the same speed from 2k3 Smile

you just have to know when/where/how to fire it. most of the time i dont even "fly" it i just aim and shoot

Yeah, there are plenty of times that I fire one in on someone and while they are trying to shoot it down I'm firing rockets at them or Sniping them. Usually something gets to them and kills them. I love the redeemer in CTF. Too bad they don't allow the player model to "Ride" on the missle ala Dr. Strangelove. Yeee Haaawww!

I just like steering it around and hearing people at the LAN party suddenly sitting up saying "oh, SH!T!" Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:29 pm

haha!! lol..
yeah, that would be cool, i just fly it around alot to Razz
and what a good idea, they should make a mod/mutator for a suicide redeemer you sit on Very Happy
rachel? Rolling Eyes

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic