Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Virt
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:58 am

Okay, I ordered 2k4's Special edition at Bestbuy.com for 30 dollars.

Sent me an e-mail telling me it was gonna be shipped the 18th.

Let the gheiness of Bestbuy.com insue

...exhibit A:

Quote:
Thank you for your pre-order on BestBuy.com.

We appreciate your interest in taking advantage of the Value Pak offered with the Unreal Tournament 2004 Special Edition Game. The Value Pak was offered in a limited quantity and, due to the unanticipated high demand for this product, the inventory for the Value Pak has now been depleted. As a result, we will be canceling the Value Pak from your order.

Because you are a valued customer, we would like to offer you 10% off a future purchase at BestBuy.com. This offer is limited to one per customer and is non-transferable.

To participate, you must sign in to Your Account using the following email address: (my e-mail address). This offer is valid from 12:01 AM (CT), March 21, 2004 through 11:59 PM (CT), April 3, 2004. Please review full details below.

We apologize for any inconvenience this error may have caused. Please don't hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns. We look forward to your next visit to one of our stores or to www.BestBuy.com.

You bastards! *gets on Ebay and everything possible trying to find SE version for retail price...no luck*
I decide to call them...it's completely sold out.

Quote:
Dear Matt:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by 03/24/2004.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Whoo hoo! There is hope!

Quote:
Dear Matt:

There's been a change to the status of your order.

The product you ordered is no longer available and the order has been canceled. If you'd like to make another selection, visit BestBuy.com.

Item details are listed below.

If you have any questions about this cancelation, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Thank You.
Best Buy Customer Care

A change, you say? That doesn't sound SO ba- WHAT?! DIE YOU UGLY BASTARDS!

Oh, but it does not end there...after cooling down, I find that I still have a 10% discount on any purchase from bestbuy. So, I decide to order 2k4, regular version...for 40 bucks. Call them up to place the order, after questioning them and making one of them cry, they tell me I have to make the purchase LOCALLY. Whew, thats only a good 40 minute drive, sure! -- smacktards. So I bought it for 40 bucks, without the discount. What. The Hell. Ever.

Oh, but the gheiness does not end here, my friends.

E-mail at 12:20 PM today:
Quote:
Dear Nancy:

The item listed below is not yet available to be shipped. We expect to ship it to you by 03/27/2004.

We apologize for any inconvenience. If you would like to cancel this item from your order or have any questions, call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289). For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Now they insult me by not only using a womans name to address me (it's my moms, supposedly they got their hairs in their asses shoved up further when they told me they needed to talk to the card holder - even though I'm the womans son. Untrusting smacktards.), they have my item back ordered, and I have to wait even longer after they've shafted the hell out of me so much I feel like a Bubba's prison mate.

E-mail from them at 12:29 PM(Nine minutes later):
Quote:

Dear Nancy:

The items listed below have shipped on 03/23/2004. Your credit card has now been charged for the shipped items.

Get more information on this or any of your BestBuy.com orders by signing into Your Account.

You can also call us toll-free at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) with any questions. For faster service, tell us the order number when you contact us.

Seriously...do retarded Monkey's run this company(note: I take that back, thats an insult to retarded monkeys) Or...do they just need to make up their minds? We'll never know. So, I might have the game by this weekend. Unless it gets canceled. Or backordered to fucking June. ~_~; I guess we'll see. I'm never shopping at Best Buy again.

Thats what I get for preordering two nights before the game comes out. ^_^; *submitting this to BU forums, too*

Are you down with the SCKness?!
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:35 am

Wow. My name's Matt, and my mother's name is Nancy.

Creepy.

Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:53 am

Laughing

Man, you shafted even worse than I did by EB!!

Fortunately I was able to snag 4 copies of the SE at Best Buy!! Two of them even before they were out on the shelves!! WOOHOO!!

I only had to make 3 trips of over an hour each way to get them, but it was fun adn I still got my DVDs with the excellent tutorials too.

If you do not end up getting your SE versions let me know. I may still have one copy of the SE that I could sell you for a decent price and not have to deal with Ebay. Limited time offer just for someone on the forums.

-Homer

P.S. - If I sell you the SE version you have to promise to do some level editing!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:11 am

just a question, dunno if it fits here.

theres only rebate for USA right? but why can the UK get a rebate then?

<Rachel> Razz
Virt
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Homer; I just totally Private Messaged you, bro. lol Like I said in the message, I was buying 2k4: SE just for the tutorials on designing maps and stuff.

And Cheetah; I'm not sure - I think if you got the rebate, it'd be in US dollars...soo...I dunno.

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:28 pm

there was no rebate thingy in my package.. so i think i wont get one.. but i thought it was US only, and now its UK to..

<Rachel> Razz
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:08 pm

gamestop had em in stock 3 days ago.
not anymore...they sell out quick

54.99 for dvd se and game guide
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 5:48 am

is the strategy guide released yet then? got to order it then.
thats a nice deal, 55 , doller or pound or euro?

<Rachel> Razz
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:49 am

I'd guess US since Alpha2003 is from USA, but personally I dont' think that's a great deal. I'm not sure what the strategy guide is useful for. If it were a linear single-player game, then yeah, maybe. But it's much more than I paid for my DVD:SE copies.

Virt, check your PM.

Cheetah, everyone I know got rebate forms in their copies, SE and Regular. Some day I'll hav eto get around to sending mine in. I'm assuming that the cost to ship the rebates overseas severely cuts into the value for Atari/Epic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:17 am

yeah.. it was about 7 pond four UK.. it sucks we dont get rebate, or stickers, or headphone. or jewel case.. we dont got anything!

<Rachel> Razz
Virt
UO Noob

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:31 am

The strategy guide is supposedly 300 pages long. I'm considering checking it out, I don't know how someone can write 300 pages on a FPS, but...seeing as how they'res what? 10 Gametypes to UT now? I guess it's possible.

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2004 10:55 am

i thought it was more, like 400.. like a harry potter book.. with images Razz and vehiculair manslaughters...

anyway, im gonna buy it when it is for sale here. i got the 2k3 one to.
and more thena 100 maps.. the game modes. tips and tricks, yeah, its posible to write that much..

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic