Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums
Logain8955

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:37 pm

As in, how? There's no readme with the release, and no support on any of the forums. I have it unzipped, now what? I have absolutely no idea where to go from here.

Thanks
Logain8955
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 3:00 pm

ok, try this,
Method 1:
copy the .zip into the UT2004 root folder, then unzip it, and done.
Method 2:
unzip all files to a temp directory, then cut/copy em into the apropiate folders in the UT2004 root, or just put em all in the root, it will automaticly put the files in the folders.

the UT2004 root is in example: C://UT2004

<Rachel> Razz
JayScanlon

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 11:59 pm

I cant install the Umod that came on the zip, like anywhere on my computer.
Plumb_Drumb
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:05 am

JayScanlon wrote:
I cant install the Umod that came on the zip, like anywhere on my computer.

why?
What's the problem?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:29 am

Its tells me CBP2_Volume1 requires UT2004 to be installed in the folder first. Please locate the existing folder for UT2004, or exit and install it now.

what the message says.

I unziped the file in my UT2004 folder tho.
Nortfast

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:18 am

I can't install it either. The "instructions" say to click the UMOD icon. First: there is no icon. Not sure where to go from there.

I unzipped the file to a temp directory and got a gigantic file with a *ut4mod extension. Windows XP doesn't know what to do with the filetype and wants my advice. I don't know either. I tried unzipping the files into the UT2004 root folder, but none of the files magically got placed wherever they were supposed to go. They're all sitting in the root folder and they're still just sitting there, taking up space.

I could not find any other files on my computer with the ut3mod extension, so this is the only one (so I can't just figure out where it should go by looking for similar files). Any hints would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 9:08 am

A properly installed ut(2003/2004) would register that filetype and all you would have to do is doubleclick on it. These files have been called umod in the original UT, that's why they are referred as "UMOD" all over the place although the file-extension differs a little bit.
Nortfast

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:49 am

Well, apparently, then, it's not properly installed. It SEEMS properly installed. I installed it from a retail CDROM. It runs fine. It forces me to shove the disk in every time I want to play (I would like to address that issue in another post). It updated OK when I downloaded the latest patch...that's how everyone else installs it, right?

I have installed mods before, but they've always had an EXE that I could run. EXE....as in executable. Windoze can figure that out, anyway. I've added maps too, and those include instructions on where to put files...maps go here, utx goes there...etc. So: this ut4mod thing has a bunch of maps in it. How do I squeeze the maps out to dribble into the folders where they belong? If that can't be done, which executable needs to be associated with a ut4mod file so it can open it?

So, assuming that UT2004 is installed properly, and I'm not going to reinstall it because if I did that, I would just install it exactly the same way that it's installed now (it would waste time and not achieve anything) what else does one do with a ut4mod file?
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 10:54 am

Well, you can try going to start and run,

Then Typing in the path to the setup.exe file in your ut2004 system folder.
After that put a space, and the word install, then another space and the path to the ut4mod file enclosed in quotation marks.

For example
C:\UT2004\System\Setup.exe install "C:\CBP2-BonusPack.ut4mod"

This was supposed to be added to the registry during the ut2004 installation so you could just double click the file to install it.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 1:11 pm

Thanks, Barbos: that did the trick!
JayScanlon

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 3:10 pm

I just reintsalled the game and everything works perfectly now.

Appearly i didnt realize the play disc had a roll in the installation Embarassed

oh well everythigns installed and inn working order. Wink
Locutus411

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2004 5:11 pm

I was having the same problem and did what Barbos said. Worked like a charm.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:03 am

I have re-installed the game twice now, and I even checked the registry and the entry is correct. The ut4mod file will NOT register no matter what I try to do.

The stuff does install if I type it all out in the RUN prompt. I gues it's just a thing I have to deal with eh? Unless one of you knows how to fix this problem here...

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 6:06 am

WAIT!

I'd edit my previous mesage, but I am a guest...

I went into FOLDER OPTIONS - went to file types and scrolled down to ut4mod.

Selected it, and then clicked on RESTORE! now it works perfectly lke there was never anything wrong in the first place.

yay me.

View next topic
View previous topic