Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Red_Ice_Cube

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 4:21 pm

Why didn't had the UO site some News about the ESWC? The Cup brings the best UT04 players together (of some other shitty games as well) and puts out an price money of $10000 for the best three.
I'm just wondering why UO did not a single news about this big event...

-Red
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:07 pm

I personally didn't know about it otherwise I would have. If you would like to collect some information on it that you feel Unreal fans would like stop by here and I will post it for you.

Thanks.

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Red_Ice_Cube

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:34 pm

Ok, I'll write something for you tomorrow. Now it's 1:35am over here, so it is a little late for writing something. Hope my English will be enough for this.
So good night and cya tomorrow Smile

-Red
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 7:41 pm

No problem and thanks.

Smile

Red_Ice_Cube

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:16 am

Hi,

I finished the article. It seems pretty long, but in catrast to the over 30 page ESWC coverage of some other sites it is rather short. I hope i did not miss any important thing and did not make to many mistakes. If I did some big mistakes please correct it.
So here it is:
Quote:

During the last week the Electronic Sports World Cup (short: ESWC) took place in Poitiers, France. From the 6th to the 11th of July 500 players were taking part in five games and competing for $200,000 price money. One of the games was Unreal Tournament 2004, and so the 16 best UT04 players went to France to find out who is really the best. The 1on1 tourney featured a price money of $10,000 , from what the winner should get $5000.
On wendesday following players arrived in Poitiers:
High Seeds:
GitzZz (Germany, winner of the ESWC 2003)
Lauke (Netherlands)
stryfe (USA)
th0r (France)
Low Seeds:
Burnie (Germany)
Forrest (Italy)
CombatCarl (USA)
zulg (Sweden)
Challengers:
Fist1 (Brazil)
Infinite (USA)
Mad (Belgium)
Mburr (South Africa)
Rocketboy (China)
Schnigg (Germany)
Spawniikiv (France)
Varagh (Hunary)

On the following two days these players played the first group matches. During these matches eight players had to leave the tournament, which where: CombatCarl, Infinite, Mad, Mburr, Rocketboy, Schnigg, Stryfe and Zulg. These names where pretty surprising, cause all of the US players and many high-seeded gamers droped out.
On Friday the second group matches took place, and here were some really exciting matches. One of the most exciting match was Burnie vs Forrest, which ended after nine (!) minutes overtime with a close win of Burnie. During the second group phase Fist1, Spamniikiv, Thor and Varagh droped out.
The Semifinals on Saturday where GitzZz vs Lauke, which was won by GitzZz with 2:1 by maps, and Burnie vs Forrest, which was won by Burnie with 2:0. Despite Lauke won the 3rd/4th playoff with 2:1, he and Forrest shared the money for 3rd place and went home with $1,000 each.
The Final between GitzZz and Burnie took place on Sunday 14:00 CEST. After three very exciting maps, Burnie could win with 2:1 over the favorite GitzZz.
So there is following ranking after five interesting days:
1. Burnie $5,000 Germany
2. GitzZz $3,000 Germany
3. Lauke $1,000 Netherlands
4. Forrest $1,000 Italy
Congratulations to the winner Burnie!

Additional some links, also where I got my infomations from:
http://www.esworldcup.com/ ESWC site, which unfortunatelly only works with Internet Explorer
http://unreal.ingame.de/kommentare.php?&newsid=218302 (German)
http://esreality.com/?a=post&id=634709 Here you can get a complete coverage of ESWC, for every game and also the excact results of the matches I mentioned.
And here most demos of the tourney can be found: ftp://ftp.ligarena.com/2004/Demos/Unreal%20Tournament%202004/
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:01 pm

Cool, good job. I will get this up as a main news post first thing in the morning.

Thanks again.

View next topic
View previous topic