Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Hey man. Was reading your article and realized I have the latest 5303 drivers. Have you had a chance to test em out?

I run my comp with a Geforce FX 5200 (my parents got it for me, ok?)

Looks like they now call em Forceware too. Ok, whatever.

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 6:14 pm

Sup K.

Unfortunately I don't have access to a GeForce class card anymore so I can't answer that question. If you want to do some testing and then post the results here we can update that article.

Smile

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:09 am

Ah gotcha. I forgot you upgraded. I was just curious. I'm not too knowledgeable about benchmarking etc and tweaking so that's why I was asking. I consider myself to be moderately computer savvy but not uber by any stretch of the imagination.

I am now playing the UT2003 demo (pointless to buy since UT2k4 is so close) and have noticed some weird ripping of textures when viewed from a distance. It doesn't tear the width of the screen, only the actual face of that particular polygon. I find it annoying and odd considering this card should be able to render such things just fine. Performancewise I get about 45 fps on 1024x768 (or whatever I cant remember right now and am too lazy to go check right now Razz) with details set to normal for most. I dont think setting them on high would change this tearing/ripping effect since that is the detail level of the texture; not the actual rendering method....or whatever the word is I am looking for (as far as I know)

Was wondering if anyone else noticed this. I'll give specific examples and screenies perhaps later on.

(Of course it could be because this is simply the demo.)

Either way, If anyone else finds anything just let me know.

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:34 am

Do you have v-sync turned on?

Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Dragon Rage wrote:

No cause that would cause entire screen tears. That's my point. Weird huh? And the tears don't happen when moving quick. You actually have to stop moving to see the tear sit there.

Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:06 pm

Kharnellius wrote:
Dragon Rage wrote:

No cause that would cause entire screen tears. That's my point. Weird huh? And the tears don't happen when moving quick. You actually have to stop moving to see the tear sit there.
No, V-Sync eliminates tearing... and the other suggestion I would have would be turning on anti-aliasing. See if that helps at all.

Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:34 pm

Dragon Rage wrote:
Kharnellius wrote:
Dragon Rage wrote:

No, V-Sync eliminates tearing... and the other suggestion I would have would be turning on anti-aliasing. See if that helps at all.

Well there is no option to turn off either unless I have to do it in the console via the "preferences" menu. Either way I took some screenies to show you. Take a look.

Last edited by Kharnellius on Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:37 pm

Crud I thought you could upload images to the forum but it appears you have to host it elsewhere and then link to it. Am I right? If so, darn cause I don't have anywhere to host it, lol.

Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:45 pm

e-mail em to me i can host em on UO

raven@unrealops.com

View next topic
View previous topic