Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:42 pm

Apologies for posting off my designated day, but I figured this needed airing. It appears that Shacknews is reporting that Wheel Of Time and Unreal II developers Legend Entertainment were closed down today by publishers Atari.

No other further is available at this time, so it could still just be unfounded rumour.
zenmaster
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:26 pm

No, it's true.... http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/unrealiise/news_6086665.html Legends site and every thing is dead Shocked I have no clue what happend Crying or Very sad Confused

Zen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 11:56 pm

This is the worst gaming news Iīve herd in a long time Evil or Very Mad
Are they really getting rid of this company. I wonder what happened !?
These are crazy times indeed Evil or Very Mad

-dp-
-dp-
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:08 am

Thanks for the info zenmaster, Iīve updated the news !

-dp-
-dp-
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:13 am

I sure hope that this isnīt another crazy PR thing ! But then again I donīt hope that they had to close down. This is a standoff Laughing

-dp-
zenmaster
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:28 am

Legend must have steped on some big toes; or put some thing in XMP they shoudn't have...... Confused

Edit: fixed that gey space under the story "< P >" Wink

Zen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 1:45 am

man... they better continue the unreal series...nobody could get a response for why they did it, i just read an article 10 mins ago...
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:35 am

All I have to say is, that's completely lame, and really going to be bad for the gaming industry. Though unfortunately, this isn't the first time it's happened.

Anyone else see the parallel with this and Sierra closing down Dynamix after Tribes2 had poor sales? This was a really sad thing for the tribes community, and i fear the same thing will happen to the Unreal community Sad

Well, here's to hopeing that the Legend guys startup a business and make atari wish they had never done this.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
sneaky_usb
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:42 am

sad news indeed. Crying or Very sad

GG Legend.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:42 am

Sux, but I would guess the the Legend's talanted employees will find work. I wish them all of the best and thank you for XMP. Just remember it was Atari's lame ass idea to take out multiplayer, which hurt sales, not yours.
Burgess
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:42 am

That was me

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:45 am

Scott Dalton wrote:
I can't speak for everyone. I personally am staying in the industry and would assume that most others are as well.

We'll do what we can to support XMP. There are obviously technical and legal restrictions to that now that it is no longer our product to support.

I think they can take care of them selves..... Smile

Zen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:48 pm

on another forum , i kept on b*tch*n about how i hated Atari, any many people agreed (they also hated it), but now I just cant describe how much hatred I have for them, its so big its LEGENDARY
hyde
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:21 pm

this news makes teddy a sad bear Sad
zenmaster
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:20 pm

alpha2003 wrote:
on another forum , i kept on b*tch*n about how i hated Atari, any many people agreed (they also hated it), but now I just cant describe how much hatred I have for them, its so big its LEGENDARY

I'm pretty sure Arari won't be publishing future Unreal Tournament 200# instalments. I think Microsoft Studios is going to handal it from now on...is Microsoft the lesser of those two Evils?

Zen

View next topic
View previous topic