Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:30 pm

first of all i would like to thank my "friends" like cheetah, cam, raven,Kharnellius, and other people who have been nice to me in this forum.

im leaving because i cant take this sh*t anymore

I cant even post more topics in the soap box without being told to put a cork in it by mods like BARBOS

i dont really spam, at least i try not to, and i try to post interesting stuff that appeals to a lot of people. unfortunately some people dont like that...

one of my posts was locked by a mod because he said i should have put it in the first website topic, yet it has nothing to do with my webpage progress, it was just an interesting thing i discovered, and hinted at in the topic itself. http://www.barbos.net/unrealops/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1538

that was "the straw that snapped the camels back"

raven, if you didnt send out the prize yet, give it to some needy kid you know...do whatever u want with it.....

ill link the site on my webpage, and thats basically it. bye guys.
Vanquished

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:41 pm

if you thought the only way to get your orig domain name was to get a host for it then read this:

ok say you reg your domain name at www.namecheap.com and dont want a redirection to a free /you or a subdomain, and the free hosts are crap, even though theyre the only way ull get ur domain address on the address bar....so what do you do?

well go to ur redirection control panel and click FRAME forwarding,, so when u get a great free /you account like this one

http://www.domaindlx.com/

and you redirect ur site to lets say www.dir1.yoursite/domaindlxcom

the address bar will keep ur actual domain name displayed.. not the long /you name!!! its AWESOME...good luck

barbos
UO Staff

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:16 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can run into problems with that, especially with more advanced webpages.

Plus some browsers don't support FRAMES.

Stop creating a new topic for everything... This belongs under the first website topic.

alpha2003
Spamming Fanboy

Posted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:18 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
umm whatever u dont like it then DELETE it sheesh...
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:44 pm

Let me start off by saying that I'm sorry to see you leave, the posts that you made in regards to a great many things were interesting. Now, with that out of the way, allow me to be a little frank.

Everytime a moderator here says something that you happen to disagree with, you seem to take it very personally. I refer you to my statement about piracy, Barbos' locking of your thread, and Dragons comments in the thread you so kindly PM'd me about. Yet no where did a moderator swear at you or call you names as you have just done to Barbos. If you wish respect, you must first show it in some form, and no where did we do anything other than make a suggestion. That's something we do value here at UO, suggestions and the freedom to speak ones mind when something bothers them. That's what seperates us from your common community.

If you are unable to accept some critism from time to time, I have some connections with some great shrinks around my area that would be more than willing to sit you down and help you thru this difficult time. Sometimes critism needs to be made, that's how people grow and start to understand what others believe. If you can't accept someones views, then I fear you'll not make it in the real world out there.

Oh, and as for your comment about not being able to post, he locked ONE thread because indeed it should have been a part of the other thread. ONE thread. Sheesh, if I gave up that quickly, I wouldn't be here today (or any other forum I've ever visited, typically I get threads locked daily Wink Yeah, hell raiser 101 here Wink )

So, I'll leave you with this calm and concerned suggestion, if a straw that small broke your back, perhaps it's time to put on some plate mail, grab your sword, and stand up for yourself everyonce in a damn while.

Yours in posting and logic,
Peoii, Guardian of Dead Computers, and L'Enfant Provocateur

PS: Careful, or I might label you a weenie Wink

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Vanquished

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:48 pm

you call this a suggestion

Quote:
Stop creating a new topic for everything... This belongs under the first website topic.
???
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:49 pm

In barbos' own way? Yes, it was a suggestion.

Again, if you can't take a hit, buy some platemail.

0 Rows Returned.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:51 pm

Also, if you'd like to discuss this without hammering refresh, I entirely invite you to join the UO chat channel located here. I'm there right now, and willing to discuss this with you if you'd like.

0 Rows Returned.
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:51 pm

I call it spam.
Vanquished

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:52 pm

i decided to leave instead of telling him to go and f*ck himself. Ya get my point now?
Vanquished

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:56 pm

barbos obviously you dont know what spam is

Peoii, thanks for the invitation, but theres nothing left to discuss, just a point left to make.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:56 pm

Atleast his post had tact, and a resounding lack of swearing. Get my point now?

You should really check your attitude at the door man, there are no personal vendettas against anyone here. If I dislike someone, I'll tell em straight to their face, and I havn't said I dislike anyone here (cept raven, cause he's a hooch, but we all know that Razz). And from what I understand of most of the staff here at UO, we're all like that, we speak our minds. If we don't like you, we'll flat out say it, but we don't, so whatever hatred you're seeing is purely in your head. Again, I've got shrink friends who can help if need be, just let me know and I'll give them a call.

0 Rows Returned.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 11:58 pm

Vanquished wrote:
barbos obviously you dont know what spam is

Peoii, thanks for the invitation, but theres nothing left to discuss, just a point left to make.

Obviously there is, or you wouldn't have stayed around in guest form so long.

The offer is still open, and you're more than willing to stop by if you so choose. I can only hope you're willing to talk thru a problem instead of simply running.

0 Rows Returned.
Vanquished

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:00 am

Peoii, seriously, the last thing i need is a shrink,so i ask you politely to drop it

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:02 am

if you really thoguht to urself that you made ur point then you would of left this topic a long time ago.
hyde
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:06 am

Don't leave, I just got here. Seriously, it sounds like you might be taking this issue for more than it's worth. Rethink your decision Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:07 am

the guest above was me...

View next topic
View previous topic