Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 1:42 am

ATI has released an update to their Catalyst drivers, now in version 4.1, to the public. As per the Release Notes, the following fixes were made with various games:

Playing the game Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series card installed no longer results in the skaters' shadow not being completely drawn
Playing the game Line of Sight Vietnam under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9200 series installed no longer results in the game menu appearing black when setting the Anti-Aliasing option to 1 or 2
Changing the resolution in Halo while playing in the middle of a Campaign no longer results in a reboot of the machine. This issue was known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9000 series installed
Running the game Halo PC under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9700 series installed no longer results in display corruption being seen on the barrel of the shot gun
All cars are now being drawn properly when Anti-Aliasing is enabled and playing the game Race Driver by ToCA
The game Ford Racing 2 no longer stutters when Anti-Aliasing is enabled
The Star Wars game; Knights of the Old Republic is no longer failing to respond when moving the mouse to view the shore
Setting the display resolution to 1024x768 32bpp and playing the game Nascar Racing 2003 demo, no longer results in the game failing to respond when OpenGL is enabled
Setting the graphics option to 1024x768 in the game Beach Head 2002 no longer results in the game failing to launch and displaying an error message
The Windows 2000 operating system no longer fails to respond when ending the game World Racing in a windowed mode
Playing the game Neverwinter Nights under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON™ 9600 series card installed no longer results in the game failing to respond
Playing the game IL2 Sturmovik: Forgotten Battles in OpenGL mode no longer results in flashing triangles and textures when playing the Black Death Track

Also, for those of you with either a 9600XT or 9800XT, they've updated and enhanced the ATI OVERDRIVE technology, so you'll hopefully be getting more bang for your buck. So, head on over to the ATI Driver Page and download these goodies while they're hot!
TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:06 pm

sweet, I just got my 9600xt in on saturday!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:02 pm

TheSquirrelKing wrote:
sweet, I just got my 9600xt in on saturday!

Yay, I got my 9600XT for cristmas!!! Smile I'm curious to see if/how much it helps, because it was their first run at the design of the drivers! Twisted Evil heres hoping.

Zen

View next topic
View previous topic