Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:33 am

Just today the guys over at Gamespy have wrapped up their preview of the 40 Most Wanted Games of 2004. The list had a couple upsets, a couple pieces thought to be missing, and a couple placements that left you feeling "this was a setup". Topping off the list was the "this was a setup" bit with Half-Life 2, Doom 3 and Halo 2 taking the top 3 spots. Upsettingly in at 16th place, and being beaten out by Thief 3 of all things, comes Unreal Tournament 2004 which I think got a little lower marks than it should have. And the real kicker to me was that games like Tribes: Vengeance and Stalker didn't even appear on the list... This came as a major disappointment, as these games look to be very very impressive, and much more so than many of the others listed. But then again, that's their opinion, and their entitled to it, but it doesn't mean we have to like it. Razz So head on over and check out the list yourself, then give us your opinion of what you're waiting for this upcoming year.
Shadowhaxor
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:59 am

Its Gayspy, er, Gamespy, did expect anything else? Those people just write what they want, I honestly don't believe they ask public nothing, and make up their own damned polls.

I can't count on my 1 hand, how many people I know (out of 500) that are waiting on UT2004, and Halflife 2, more than Doom 3. Hell, they are waiting on Quake 4, more than Doom 3.

Gamespy with their sorry behind games of the year, and their console games of the year was a total joke, the same as best characters were a joke.

Gamespy is junk Rolling Eyes

Visit me @ Unrealbattlegrounds.net
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:24 am

Shadowhaxor wrote:
Its Gayspy, er, Gamespy, did expect anything else? Those people just write what they want, I honestly don't believe they ask public nothing, and make up their own damned polls.

I can't count on my 1 hand, how many people I know (out of 500) that are waiting on UT2004, and Halflife 2, more than Doom 3. Hell, they are waiting on Quake 4, more than Doom 3.

Gamespy with their sorry behind games of the year, and their console games of the year was a total joke, the same as best characters were a joke.

Gamespy is junk Rolling Eyes
Wel... I don't know entirely about that. Giving HK-47 the number 1 sidekick.... that was worth it. I mean... a protocol droid with a thirst for blood? That's just awesome.
Other than that, yes, Game$py is quite annoying.

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:10 am

UT2004 on 16th place...
no way.. Evil or Very Mad

<Rachel> Razz
SirYawnalot
Rabid Poster

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:53 am

It really pisses me off how anti-Unreal and pro-Id certain publications are. They kiss the ground John Carmack walks on because Id invented the first-person shooter, forgetting that they haven't made a decent game in years (although to be fair Doom 3 doesn't look too bad... if a total Aliens vs Predator ripoff Razz). The Unreal series represents the pinnacle of modern first-person shooters in my opinion, and it's heartbreaking seeing Gamespy and PC Gamer UK putting them down all the time. PC Gamer's scoring of Quake 3 (95%!!!!) made me sick, and is the reason I now buy PC Zone. (also the reason I visit UnrealOps and BeyondUnreal instead of a site run by a company who doesn't take the series seriously)
word!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:25 pm

Actually Gamespy is pro UT2003 and showed a lot of biased in its favor. But since the majority of players did not like it and the game has almost no players you would think UT2004 would be even lower than 16th place on that list. The list is about anticpation and UT2004 is not highly anticipated because UT2003 flopped. Half-Life2 coming in first place, followed by Doom3 and Halo2 are about accurate.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:39 pm

siryawning:
i dident know you got PC zone there. thats where i got my stuff from, PC zone benelux.
www.cheetah01.tk for explenation of "Stuff"

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic