Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:09 am

Sitting around filling in for Raven while he's gone on his little venture, and with my better half out of town, I've been playing one of my birthday presents almost non-stop. Metal Arms: Glitch in the System has everything I've wanted in a game for a very long time, and it's cute ta-boot! For those that havn't had a chance to play this excellent game, I highly recommend it to all gamers with any of the modern consoles! I'm typically your hard core PC only type gamer, but this game has changed my opinion of the console completely, not only does it remind me of the old days of Mario's "fun factor", Zelda's "puzzle solving", and Contra's "loads of guns" type attitudes all in 1 game, but the world is filled with nothing but robots. So you can just keep blowing them up til kingdom come, and you'll never have to worry about the game getting anything more than a Teen rating! Not to mention the multiplayer, which is (as a friend quoted) "wicked sick", as you can drive around in various machines, take control of other bigger robots, and cause mass destruction on everyone around you. And in the end of the day, they're just robots, they can rebuild themselves, and keep on hammering away with those mining torches. I think it's as close as I've seen to the perfect game in a long time.

Ok, enough with me rambling, what games do you guys think are just about perfect games? And why?
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:54 am

i heard it was hard...
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:01 pm

alpha2003 wrote:
i heard it was hard...
If you ask me, a difficult game makes for a good game. Why play a game that's so easy that you can beat it in a matter of days?

As for the subject of this thread... hmm... I think that my perfect game would be the original DOS Prince of Persia. Puzzle solving, deathmatch with swords, magic, kick ass traps... man, all the stuff in there was mind boggling. There's a lot of games nowadays that I really like, but I still sometimes fire up PoP and go run through some turbanned guards..

TheSquirrelKing
Spamming Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:45 pm

Speaking of Prince of Persia, man Sands of Time is one hell of a great game

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 12:05 am

Civilization 3, UT2k3, Natural Selection and a cool twist of Diablo and Baldurs Gate

View next topic
View previous topic