Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 12:29 pm

Sup All,

I am looking for feedback on the UO apparel. Do we need more styles? Different types? Do you like the logo? Please stop by here and let me know what you think!

Please Speak Up!

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:08 pm

mmmmm, coffee mug...... *drool*

Definately good lookin stuff man, and once I get all moved and stuff, I'll prolly order me up a coffee mug Wink

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:12 pm

One thing I might add, it might be neat to have a black or grey coloured shirt with the logo on it as well. I mean, nothing wrong with white, it's just, I prefer the darker side of colours, so yeah, that might be a plus for the shirts.

0 Rows Returned.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:59 pm

Good idea. I will look into making a different type of logo for grey shirts.

Smile

Plumb_Drumb
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:08 pm

Your logo is awesome, and it makes for a very l33t coffee mug.
I might have to buy one.

However, kinda like Peoii said, can we buy black mugs?

I do like the white however..

Last edited by Plumb_Drumb on Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:10 pm; edited 3 times in total
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:08 pm

Right on, that'd definately be a plus in my book, and I'd prolly buy a shirt from em once the grey ones are up Wink

0 Rows Returned.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:18 pm

oh yah! I'm gunna buy a hat!

also tycho i got something for ya. my work, as you may or may not know makes vinyl decals. we have just created a graphic of the UT logo you know the U with a blade around it...
(i'll get a pic soon)
we sell them to a local comp store for $10.00 you think youd be interested?
if you want to i can see if they'd make a 2k3 logo replica also.

tell me yay or nay, and i'll look fo the pic

Last edited by Raven on Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:28 pm

it dosnt look like that but this is the u i was talking about

our U is one color (can be any color you want) and can be any size you want (as w/anything size and color does matter in the price)

the one we give to the comp store is about 6" by 6" and it is a color called "Etched Glass" it looks like sonebody took a sandblaster to a piece of glass and used this template.

i have a picture of the real thing in a camera and i just have to get the film developed.

Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:39 pm

Raven be very careful when you say 'selling' while using copyrighted images. Trust me when I say Mark is pretty anal about his company. One of the reason I use UO only images is because of this. Anything I create without using Epic's property keeps the lawyers away. Unreal Ops is 100% me and no one can say anything with what I do with UO property.

Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:23 pm

Wanna bet?

Quote:
6.2 You hereby grant to CafePress.com a royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive, right and license to use the trademarks, trade names, designs, logos and other images that you upload to your image basket in connection with your use of the CafePress.com Service ("Party Marks"). If you or CafePress.com terminate your account, CafePress.com will cease its use of the Party Marks within 90 days of the termination.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:46 pm

ok what does that have to do w/this site?

Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 6:53 pm

Tycho wrote:
Raven be very careful when you say 'selling' while using copyrighted images. Trust me when I say Mark is pretty anal about his company. One of the reason I use UO only images is because of this. Anything I create without using Epic's property keeps the lawyers away. Unreal Ops is 100% me and no one can say anything with what I do with UO property.

Smile

well when is it not considered their image anymore. when there is nothing resembling the original image?. or after you make a few minor changes in the look and feel of the image. there are changes in the image because of that copyright problem (the circle is not proportioned right, the little points oin the side of the U arn't there...). if you want to get technical you gouldent use that WOWs spinning U that you had earlier because of that same reason. granted you wern't selling it but anyone who wanted to could rip that image off in a heartbeat.
but i know your just trying to cover your own rear. Cool

in that case... it you want to ty, you could give us a good looking logo and we could make some car decals for ya... Wink

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 7:35 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Wanna bet?

Quote:
6.2 You hereby grant to CafePress.com a royalty-free, worldwide, nonexclusive, right and license to use the trademarks, trade names, designs, logos and other images that you upload to your image basket in connection with your use of the CafePress.com Service ("Party Marks"). If you or CafePress.com terminate your account, CafePress.com will cease its use of the Party Marks within 90 days of the termination.

k, not to feed the troll or anything, but your just granting them the rights to produce items using your logo. He's not giving up any of his rights as owner of the logo's/etc. It's VERY VERY simple to understand, hell, most web providers have the same piece in their license to allow your information to be spread across their webfarm. They need that "right" set to be legally able to reproduce your copyrighted work.

0 Rows Returned.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:02 pm

Peoii is right mr. guest. if you don't believe me try making a shirt with the unreal logo and then you or cafepress try and make a profit off it. epic would be on your ass in a heartbeat. never every use trademark stuff unless you have their permission in writing.

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:21 pm

Tycho wrote:
Peoii is right mr. guest. if you don't believe me try making a shirt with the unreal logo and then you or cafepress try and make a profit off it. epic would be on your ass in a heartbeat. never every use trademark stuff unless you have their permission in writing.

Though, it'd almost be funny to see someone try..... Wonder how long it'd take before it was pulled, my bet is less than 2 hours.

0 Rows Returned.

View next topic
View previous topic