Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:50 am

i just heared that you USA people find britney spears new clip (Toxic) to shocking, and want to ban it from daytime broadcast..
when janets boob was pulled out by MR timberlake you where all shocked.. whole holland could laugh of it, and thought it was quit funny.

why is britneys clip so shocking? she sint realy nude you know.. Rolling Eyes

<Rachel> Razz
Ghash hardass zhd
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:41 pm

¨Brittney is a dum` ho.....

Angst jammer og fortvilelse

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:43 pm

shes hot tho..
justin timberlake is dumb he broke up wiht her..
atleast shag her and then brake up.
wouldent itr be cool to be able to say, i shagged britney spears, and not be lying? or mastrubating?

is this to bad languague?

<Rachel> Razz
Ghash hardass zhd
Novice Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:46 pm

Would be better to say....

Brittney sucked my dick........

And I dind`t even get a hard on lol

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:53 pm

lol.. thne your eitehr gay or impotend..

<Rachel> Razz
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 10:14 pm

awww how nice Confused
Homercidal
Crazed Fan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:56 am

Britney and Janet are 2 different things.

1. Janet Jackson bared herself, intentionally or otherwise, during prime time on "Broadcast" television on a "Family-oriented" program.

2. Britney's video is shown on MTV and other programs where this kind of programming is expected.

The types of content allowed and expected on these two programs are very different. Broadcast television bans nudity during the day up until certain times of the evening. Even then it is very rare, but not ususally shocking.

Cable and satellite television have different standards, which are normally prescribed by the individual channels. People understand this when they purchase these forms of entertainment. A message is usually displayed when programming generally considered objectionable, or usually not shown on that particular channel is expected to be displayed. Some channels don't because they are advertised as being "risque" or"Family-oriented" so the expectation are already there.

The problem with Janet's Wardrobe Malfunction isnt' that she showed her mammaries on TV. It's that on a broadcast, primetime, family-oriented program, such as the Superbowl, it is not expected.

Like it or not, different people have different standards of morality. The Superbowl should be considered "safe" for people of all inclinations. The fact that this year's halftime show displayed nudity, is against the type of content set forth by the FCC.

There should be a time and place for all things. There should be a time and place where people who don't want to view this type of behaviour, or expose their children to that kind of behaviour, can watch televison. This includes the Superbowl, where the display of a man ripping off a woman's top has no reason.

It would have been very easy for CBS to put up a disclaimer saying "Warning, the following Halftime Program may contain content unsuited for many of our viewing audience. Parental discretion is advised." and the public outcry would likely have been zero.

At that time people could choose for themselves whether they wish to watch the halftime show, where normally one could expect to only see a sing and dance routine.

I'm sure the public outcry (likely a minority portion of the entire American population watching videos) over Britney's video was caused by the Janet Jackson incident. Like a knee-jerk reaction. "Oh my GOD!! It'a outta control!!!

The issue here isn't whether America has programming unsuitable for many people (I assure you it has), it's where and when it is shown. We got all kinds here; Sinners, Saints, Prudes, and Pervs and some of the Saints and Prudes would like to have a time and place to watch programming that they are not opposed to. The FCC basically assures the audience that certain content will not be broadcast during the Superbowl, and Janet Jackson decided she would choose what people were going to see during the halftime show, where she had no business doing so.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:22 pm

my god.. please forgive me for not reading that all.. Razz

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:40 pm

Cheetah wrote:

my god...please forgive us for ignoring you.. Razz

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Kharnellius wrote:
Cheetah wrote:

my god...please forgive me for not being a part of that 'us'.. Razz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 9:19 am

Quote:
my god.. please forgive me for not reading that all..

You are forgiven.

It's not that much information, but when there isn't a live person to stop me, I tend to go on and on, not knowing when to stop.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:32 pm

SAME HERE! only i go on and on even if theres a person there,.. so that kinda worse..
i would have read it all thom its just its a bit hard, couse its all in english, and i wasnt feeling like reading anyway.. Rolling Eyes

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:50 pm

Lalli-Oni wrote:
Kharnellius wrote:
Cheetah wrote:

my god...please forgive me for not being a part of that 'us'.. Razz

My point basically was if he's not going to read what others say then why should we bother likewise? No offense Cheetah but I have seen you choose to just ignore what others post in favor of ignorance induced bliss. That's your decision and I don't mind either way. All I'm saying is that if you begin to wonder why people ignore you its because you seem to rarely read what others saying (carefully, no less) before spouting off about something.

It makes it pointless to even bother paying attention anymore.

After reading what I wrote I suppose it sounds a bit harsh but I assure you I am not trying to be an ass or trying to start anything. I realize that a good part of it is probably just simply a language barrier. Either way, I'm simply saying what I have observed and hence my reasons for that post. Razz

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:56 pm

nah, i realy read pretty muhc everything.. just it was alot of text.. and a bit to muhc for me.. Rolling Eyes iv read your post, even it was alot (again).
hey, you should all thank the non english people, we learn your langgue, i dont see anyone here trying to speak my language Rolling Eyes

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 2:02 pm

Cheetah wrote:
nah, i realy read pretty muhc everything.. just it was alot of text.. and a bit to muhc for me.. Rolling Eyes iv read your post, even it was alot (again).
hey, you should all thank the non english people, we learn your langgue, i dont see anyone here trying to speak my language Rolling Eyes

Don't ya just love capitolism? Razz

View next topic
View previous topic