Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:05 pm

What better way to spend a winter Sunday afternoon than inside! As you know we have had some problems with our webhost as of late. While it did prove to be a pain in the butt, they have led to something better. We are getting a new home! Sometime in the next week we will be moving the site. What does this mean to you? Well it means we will be implementing some new features around here.

As you know we know we like to showcase nice screenies on the front news page. I personally think it helps our site look different than others. The new hosting package will finally let us have the bandwidth to house larger and more detailed screenies and that is definitely a good thing. We are also working on backend things that will make the site more streamlined and easy to use. This is also another thing I think helps when people are looking for detailed information.

What are some of the things coming down the pipe? Well the next article we have (History of Unreal Part Three) will be our 80th original content item! We will be announcing more detailed information on this summer's Unreal Expo. Our resident game developer, Angel Mapper, is going to be releasing new tutorials for UT2004! Last but not least I am expecting some cool toys from Atari to give away to everyone.

Finally, I have been working on the donations area of the website. The team has decided we want to be completely ad-free. This means that the only things you will see on this site are completely Unreal Ops or donation related. We have always been about giving you unbiased news and commentary and I don't want this to change.
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 3:11 pm

Tycho wrote:
Last but not least I am expecting some cool toys from Atari to give away to everyone.

everyone...
Very Happy cool!
man those changes look awsome, cant wait!

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:28 pm

Tycho wrote:
Finally, I have been working on the donations area of the website. The team has decided we want to be completely ad-free. This means that the only things you will see on this site are completely Unreal Ops or donation related. We have always been about giving you unbiased news and commentary and I don't want this to change.

Great to hear! Smile I like it that way also Mr. Green

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:38 pm

hey, long time no seen, where have ya been?

i never had any pop[ups on this website. so you cnat remoe em if there arnt any.. :s /me is sonfuzzled..

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 4:48 pm

Cheetah wrote:
hey, long time no seen, where have ya been?

i never had any pop[ups on this website. so you cnat remoe em if there arnt any.. :s /me is sonfuzzled..

I've been posting around......just not in the threads you have been apparently.

Either way, Tycho means they intend on remaining without ads. And I agree that they should keep it that way. Smile

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 5:03 pm

ah okey.. now i get it. thats a good thing.
my homepage is set to a website for stat tracking for Americas Army, and news etc. they get like 100 hits a day from me, but now they got this darn popup, so i think il delte thta homepage as soon as i find a new better one..
maybe Uops Smile

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:01 am

Cheetah wrote:
ah okey.. now i get it. thats a good thing.
my homepage is set to a website for stat tracking for Americas Army, and news etc. they get like 100 hits a day from me, but now they got this darn popup, so i think il delte thta homepage as soon as i find a new better one..
maybe Uops Smile

Heh, way ahead of ya. I've had UO as my homepage for now.....probably should have let Tycho and co. know that. This site rules so much and I visit it so much I just made it my homepage......kinda like having the newspaper at your doorstep in the morning. Smile

Last edited by Kharnellius on Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:01 am

hmmmmm....
/me thinks back to when he first put UO as his homepage

i think i put it in that highly respected position, about 2 years ago....
back when we were still on html... and the forums were on that other crappy thing...

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 10:59 am

/me folows the crowd and changes homepage to
yeah, i think its a wice desision to ste this as my homepage, it realy roxors! and this way i get the news realy fast Very Happy

edit: darn, it doesnt loadn all to fast now does it.. is there anyway to make it laod like realy fast? exept for my tweaks on www.cheetah01.tk ?

<Rachel> Razz
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:09 pm

Cheetah wrote:
/me folows the crowd and changes homepage to
yeah, i think its a wice desision to ste this as my homepage, it realy roxors! and this way i get the news realy fast Very Happy

edit: darn, it doesnt loadn all to fast now does it.. is there anyway to make it laod like realy fast? exept for my tweaks on www.cheetah01.tk ?

On dialup and it loads plenty fast for me....though the first time after I clear my internet files it takes a bit to load.....but after that most of it is cached so it flies. Smile

Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:39 pm

well, its just white for like 2 secs, then it comes. maybe 3

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic