Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
enfestid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 2:28 pm

Well, with the whole modding event starting up, are there any good single player mods? I love multiplayer as much as anyone, but I mainly get games for their single player. Operation Na Pali (for the original UT) was pretty good, but there are no plans to make it for Unreal Tournament 2003.

I'm not looking for an offline bot match, either. I mean actual single player mods with saving, a story, the whole 9 yards. Anyoen know of any? It doesn't matter if they have the same things as UT2K3, either, I happen to like those guns just fine. Smile
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:33 pm

me thinks jungle warfare is but me not sure.

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:57 pm

Nali Bricks! Very Happy
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:32 pm

good one! never played it though.

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:56 pm

it's fun...! Exclamation
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:06 pm

Raven: nope

enfestid: sorry, have been looking a little by myself but nope, none that I have found. I was just thinking about why anyone hasnšt at least started one. propably soon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:11 pm

Lalli-Oni wrote:
Raven: nope

enfestid: sorry, have been looking a little by myself but nope, none that I have found. I was just thinking about why anyone hasnšt at least started one. propably soon

Ah, thanks anyways. Strike Force is supposed to eventually have one, but that will be a while and I think it's a last-effort kind of thing.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:30 pm

From everything I've read, they're really expanding or atleast "enhancing" single player in UT2004. Now, while I realize this isn't exactly a mod, it is something definately worth looking forward to for those of you who are interested in more enhanced single player abilities, as if they enhance it enough, that could mean more support within uscript itself for creating more indepth single player mods.

Overall, definately something to look forward to.

As far as UT2k3 ones, I believe I read somewhere about a single player only mod that was to be coming out. I'll do some research and post on it if I find any information on it for you.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
enfestid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:29 pm

Peoii wrote:
From everything I've read, they're really expanding or atleast "enhancing" single player in UT2004. Now, while I realize this isn't exactly a mod, it is something definately worth looking forward to for those of you who are interested in more enhanced single player abilities, as if they enhance it enough, that could mean more support within uscript itself for creating more indepth single player mods.

Overall, definately something to look forward to.

As far as UT2k3 ones, I believe I read somewhere about a single player only mod that was to be coming out. I'll do some research and post on it if I find any information on it for you.

True, but the UT series singleplayer isn't a "real" singleplayer, IMO. It doesn't really have a story (besides the bland one), it's bots in a deathmatch/CTF/etc setting, no true levels, or anything like that. I mean a true SP. You know, with actual levels, saving of games, etc.
_Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 5:56 pm

you mean like Unreal II? Wink
spongebob
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:28 pm

Heck, I had fun playing the UT singleplayer game.
Whether it was a "real" game or not, it took me quite a while to get thru and I enjoyed myself in the process.
enfestid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:12 pm

_Raven wrote:
you mean like Unreal II? Wink

Yes, in a sense, but I have that. I want a mod with the UT setting and weapons, though, or just a good singleplayer mod to justify me getting it (as I normally don't buy multiplayer only games).
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:06 pm

I really would like to do one if only I could get money for it Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:31 pm

Lalli-Oni wrote:
I really would like to do one if only I could get money for it Wink

Then go make some money. lol
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:48 pm

hehe I am... just was buying a car and this current laptop im on but I mean I can do preety cool stuff only if I had some motivation if you know what I mean

View next topic
View previous topic