Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 12:40 pm

Before I start, I love Summit, it's my favorite DM map in the CBP, great work all around.

However, I think I may have found a missing/misplaced texture, sorry there's no screenshot, but it's in the pillars that hold the Sniper/Shock/Flak/Rocket spawnpoints. In the screens that have been released of it, the pillars have a dark grey, almost scarred looking texture, and it fits with the map, but whenever I load it up, those same pillars have a bright, light grey color with bumps everywhere, was this a last minute change or am I missing a texture or something? I've only installed the CBP and the 3204 patch. I'm using a GForce MX 440 if that helps.

Just wanted to know what the deal was, thanks.
heimdall

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:41 pm

The gray lumpy thing is the default texture, i think. sounds like a missing texture issue, don't know what would cause that, though. any ideas?
MozI
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:43 am

could be an error, but could be that not all the texture packs for the map are installed...I'll as Nath to step in since its his map hopefully he will reply, or if I dont forget to tell him Neutral

mozidesign.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:17 pm

I've noticed that the same thing happens with the statues in dm-cbp2-masurao, in the screenshots they're textured, but not in the actual game. Does anyone think re-installing UT2004 might help? I'm not too anxious to swap through six-discs and re-install all my maps, but hey, if it works.

Yes, official word from Nath would be nice. And Plutonic, as well, with regards to Masurao.
anarkist
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 1:01 pm

It is caused by older video cards not being able to display the shader correctly. I believe it happens on the GF4 MX lines and a few older ones. After that came about we fixed it all up with fall back textures for volume 2 but unfortunately it seems we missed a couple of the other maps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:49 am

No wonder, I'm running a GF4 MX 420, this might just be the final excuse I need to upgrade. Thanks-a-million, anarkist.

View next topic
View previous topic