Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » UT Series CBP Forums
elroy
UO Noob

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:55 pm

I tried to post here the other day but I couldn't get the forums to load - so I apologize for the late announcement of this here.

In the last episode: While exploring DM-CBP2-Griffin our heros (THE_MAXX, [BA]BARACUS and the BOT) found themselves at the wrong end of a rocket launcher... what's worse is that on the other end of that rocket launcher was XAN!
Meanwhile ICEMAN, having joined the wrong server seeks out a previously unseen area of the map DM-HyperBlast2

Grab ep 07: here

(if you missed any earlier episodes you can get them all from here

And just to add a thrid link - you can read more about the VictoryGuide videos at http://www.victoryguide.net

Thanks again to KaMi for allowing us to use his awesome map in this and the previous episode. We'll no doubt be looking to use other CBP content in future episodes so long as the creators are happy to allow us to.

enjoy

~ elroy
anarkist
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:01 pm

Hehe, I saw this when it came out a while back. Very funny and informative, great stuff Very Happy

Good luck with future episodes and thanks for CBP2 pimpage.
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:15 pm

I've been wanting to give this pimpage for some time, but I've been unable to get the file... and due to that being the only mirror, it looks like I'm screwed. I've tried to pimp all the others - I love the series.

Maybe look into mirroring it in more places than just OzFF ?

KaMi
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:15 pm

Wow man another great and very funny episode Smile , keep on these cool episodes.
Iceman owns hehe
elroy
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:39 pm

Thanks guys, The feedback is appreciated.

Dragon Rage while I don't endorse their doing so, FilePlanet are hosting all of the episodes (against our wishes I may add) so you may be able to get it from there.
I don't mean to sound catty about the fileplanet thing, but their hosting of the files (without even asking permission) puts our hosting with OzForces at risk... what's more is that their partner GameSpy site (planet Unreal) hasn't even posted about the releases of the last 4 or so episodes and yet the referrer link on the FilePlanet entry points to PU and there is no mention of our site at all... anyway enough of whinning from me.

Glad you guys like the episodes, and also glad to supprt the top effort that everyone put in to (both) CBP1 and 2.

~ elroy
Angel_Mapper
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:04 pm

I would prefer mirrors as well, that site gives me a 404 every time I click the Download button, no matter which episode I'm trying to get.

UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 2:08 pm

Elroy - I hate FP and GS... you might notice that in my news posts sometimes. I don't give them the time of day, so I didn't know they were there..

It's just that lately I've been having problem on OzForces... however, Barbos downloaded it and gave it to me... so, good job! I love it Smile

elroy
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:29 am

Angel_Mapper you may be getting those errors if you are attempting to download more than one file at a time - try www.machinima.com - they are the only place that has respected the arrangement that we have ozforces enough to contact us and ask permission to host the files (I should have mentioned it before too).

One other thing Angel - I loved "the editor has you" - top work.

Don't misunderstand guys (and girls) it's not that we're trying to make the episodes hard to get - we have an arrangement with OzForces that's as simple as: We get free hosting for VictoryGuide.net (and out personal sites) and they get exclusive (to a degree) hosting of the episodes (unless otherwise negotiated). The only (real) reason that the FilePlanet situation is pissing us off so much is that they are crediting PlanetUnreal for the files and PlanetUnreal isn't even announcing the release of the episodes - So, if OzForces gets wind that FP are hosting the files and decides to pull our hosting or something, we've gained nothing (not even hits to our site) from FP and lost our hosting to boot... I can't find anything in that scenario that feels even remotely fair.

I'm just frustrated by the whole thing, FP had the latest episode up within hours of the release of it... yet I sent them an email days ago and I've gotten nothing back from them. I don't dislike FilePlanet, PlanetUnreal or GameSpy, in fact I think they do a great job of supporting the UT community - I'm just frustrated by the situation is all. The least they could do if they are going to host the files is show us some love on PU.

That said, I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying the series, I've almost finished ironing out the script for episode 08, which should be out by late next week. At this point we have a story arc that should see us through to about the 16 episode mark (maybe longer). At which point we'll call that season one finished.. We'll be introducing a few new reoccurring characters soon and you just never know when Xan is going to show up again!

Thanks again for the feedback/support team - much appreciated.

~ elroy
Cheetah
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:43 am

wow.. i watched the first and last epidode yesterday.. and i must say.. im impressed.. im gonna get em all now Smile

<Rachel> Razz

View next topic
View previous topic