Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Tournament Series
Rocket_Magnet
UO Noob

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:07 pm

well, sadly i can help it...

anyway, i decided to purchase the mother of all systems as i knew my old bucket of bolts wouldnt hold up to the might of half life2 doom III and deus ex2, my old system: XP2000+, 256sd ram, ti4200, couldnt even run ut2k3 very well.

the new system: abit IC7g, P4 3.2gig, 2048mb ddr400, and 5900ultra 256mb... kicks the arse out of the ut2k3 benchmarks, and will last me for a very long time and should run everything being churned out by the games industry in the next 12 months quite well...

heres the benchmark score Smile (done in 1024x768 as that seems to be the bog standard benchmark resolution)

flyby: 224
botmatch: 95
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 12:32 pm

those are some IMPRESSIVE scores !!!

I would buy a new system also, but i am waiting for PCI-X video cards and Athlon 64 processor to hit the market.

But your system surely kicks some arse !!! I am very very impressed.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 4:36 pm

F*** DAMN those things will cost a pretty penny!

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:00 pm

191 wrote:

I would buy a new system also, but i am waiting for PCI-X video cards and Athlon 64 processor to hit the market.

There's always something bigger and better around the corner.... just a matter of how long you're willing to wait Razz

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 5:19 pm

Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

There's always something bigger and better around the corner.... just a matter of how long you're willing to wait Razz

Yea i know, but PCI-X and 64 Bit processors are a HUGE improvent over the things we have now. So i will wait for those. 64 bit is the future. Dont wanne be stuck witha € 3000 rig only to find out that i must have a 64 bit cpu to play a game.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 3:19 am

191 wrote:
Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

Yea i know, but PCI-X and 64 Bit processors are a HUGE improvent over the things we have now. So i will wait for those. 64 bit is the future. Dont wanne be stuck witha € 3000 rig only to find out that i must have a 64 bit cpu to play a game.

Ahhh, but you see, IA64 (Intel Architecture, 64-bit, which is standardized by AMD as well.... sorry if people didn't understand this one) has been out and running for a while in the server market, and the biggest problem is finding software compatible with it. It's a big difference in the assembly instruction set (speaking strickly from a programmers standpoint). So, we'll just have to wait and find out how they run things.

*shrug* all a matter of how long yer willin to wait...

0 Rows Returned.
Jesus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:38 pm

Get a Mac.

http://www.apple.com/powermac/
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:44 pm

Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:
Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

Ahhh, but you see, IA64 (Intel Architecture, 64-bit, which is standardized by AMD as well.... sorry if people didn't understand this one) has been out and running for a while in the server market, and the biggest problem is finding software compatible with it. It's a big difference in the assembly instruction set (speaking strickly from a programmers standpoint). So, we'll just have to wait and find out how they run things.

*shrug* all a matter of how long yer willin to wait...

AMD's Athlon 64 is back-ward compatible, it will run all your 32 bit applications. In 2005 Epic will release his first 64-bit only game, many will follow.
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:43 pm

Interesting, where did you hear this figure that Epic will release it's first 64-bit only game?

I've never heard anything remotely like that.

0 Rows Returned.
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:25 pm

in a Tim Sweeney interview or something.
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 6:34 pm

what's going on with the 64-bit version of UT2k3 btw?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:01 pm

It's already done, it's basically just the .dll and .exe files retouched a bit.

In an interview, Tim Sweeney said that the Unreal Engine has been developed with 64-bit processing in mind since Unreal Tournament.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:46 pm

Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

Amen to that... I'm working with a 1.8 P4, FX5600 from BFG, and 256 RD-800 RAM. .... *cries in shame*

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:49 pm

DragonRage{DSK} wrote:
Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

Amen to that... I'm working with a 1.8 P4, FX5600 from BFG, and 256 RD-800 RAM. .... *cries in shame*

Hey! represent that stuff!

*has a 1.8a P4 w/ GF4-TI-4200 & 1gig of DDR2700 dual-channel *

0 Rows Returned.
Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:48 pm

Peoii wrote:
DragonRage{DSK} wrote:
Peoii wrote:
191 wrote:

Hey! represent that stuff!

*has a 1.8a P4 w/ GF4-TI-4200 & 1gig of DDR2700 dual-channel *

*points to Peoii's RAM*
See, I'm pretty fucked, RAM wise. That's why I'm gonna wait for a while and get new stuff. A long while. Like, long enough to pay for my new box.

View next topic
View previous topic