Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:30 pm

That master of video greatness, TyeFang, has done it again. This time with a video of the winning entries for the MSU contest. He took the liberty of writing up a paragraph of info for the release of the vid. Here it is:
Make Something Unreal Contest Phase 1 - Awards VideoCongratulations to the Phase 1 Winners!We have an awards video for you! Epic has asked me to put together a video showcasing the Phase 1 winners. It's 15 minutes of the best mods, levels, original content levels, and models, with the complete list of winners mentioned.The quality of work and creative genius that went into so many of the contest entries is simply amazing. So just in case you haven't had a chance to download, install and play all the those maps, mods, models, etc...Now is your chance to get a good look at them!15 minutes @ 170mb - Windows Media 9 Format – zippedGet the video from our local mirror, and view UT2003 greatness!
Dubious

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:16 am

Hey TyeFang - When you ask me to mirror you a file for UnrealOps, DO NOT turn around and give the link to PlanetUnreal. Or ANY other "news source" for that matter. I provide file mirrors for UO - not FilePlanet.

At the VERY least you could have linked back to UO for the story and the file link.

While I think it was very nice of you to create the video to begin with, I think it was very rude of you to deceive me into hosting a file for PlanetUnreal to further your name.

I want my 50gb of bandwidth transfer back.
TyeFang
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:41 am

Holy shot Dubious...that was totally not my intention at all.

I did quote you and gave credit to factory unreal. The guys at Planet Unreal should have grabbed the file and hosted it on fileplanet. :/

I'll be honest ...I had absolutley no idea there were any guidelines that I needed to follow, but just as common courtousy, i did give credit to your site with thanks.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=338580

again, my apologies for any harm. I swear I had no intenions to do so. Damn.

I assure you that I now understand that your services are for unrealops only...and ill not include any direct links to download from your server in any email or post, but instead will direct peeps to unreal ops.

best regards,

Tye
TyeFang
UO Noob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:44 am

ps. I jut changed the post on INA to make it a direct link to unrealops...

I will email planet unreal and sk them to remove the link to your server amd tell them to use fileplanets

- Tye

View next topic
View previous topic