Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops News Comments
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 11:27 am

Good morning everyone.  As we head into the holiday week I hope you all are doing well.  So this weekend besides actually having a day off, I was able to see LOTR: Return of the King.  What can I say but wow!  The final battle scene is the best I have ever seen.  It is even better than the clone wars scene.  You have to go see it.Now it is was happened BEFORE the movie that brings me to today's RT subject. While watching the previews I noticed something disturbing.  The Spider Man 2 trailer came on the screen.  Now I had just finished watching it a couple of days ago on my rig and it looked cool.  So I was definitely looking forward to seeing it on the big screen.  Did it look good?  Heck no.  There were some fuzzies on the screen and the resolution just plain sucked compared to what I saw at home.Which brings me to this conclusion.  Are movie theaters going to go the way of the Do Do soon?  I mean if I had one of these and a couch in my computer room I would rather watch movies there.  If movie theater companies don't adopt Digital or Hi Def screens soon I think they may start to lose business in a few years.  What do you think of this?
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:16 pm

I do agree that theatre's need to get a little more modern with their resolution... but at the same time, I noticed no fuzzies on my Spidy2 trailer experience. Razz

Course, I do live out in quiet little Idaho, where even on the midnight showing, I could have walked up minutes before the LOTR first showing, and bought tickets Razz So who knows, the machines we're on are prolly just in mint condition.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 6:55 pm

yah i diddnt notice the fuzzies when i saw the trailer, your eyes must be better than ours Razz

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:27 pm

Raven wrote:
yah i diddnt notice the fuzzies when i saw the trailer, your eyes must be better than ours Razz

better? nah, that's old age settin in on tycho Razz eyes start to harden, back starts giving out, soon he'll be beating us with a cane Razz

0 Rows Returned.
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm

Razz

In the Immortal words of Socrates who said, "I drank what?"
Mr. Brownstone
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:07 pm

I didn’t notice any fuzzies, either in trailers or in the feature, when I went to see The Return Of The King at the Piccadily Odeon. I don’t know how anyone can say that even the highest quality high-definition TV could be better than a theatre screen with their imposing size and fidelity, even using traditional analogue reels. The cinema in London made the movie for me — unfortunately the theatres local to me don’t pack the same audio-punch as that one. Sad

Apparently, movie projections will be going fully digital over the next few years, with satellite-transmitted showings set to get past distribution issues. Home viewing is still trailing 10 steps behind cinema technology, and will be for a long time to come yet I feel.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:52 am

I am pretty anal about image quality that is why I can't stand VHS. I haven't touched a VHS tape since 98. I do agree that some movies need to be seen on the big screen i.e. Jurassic Park, Star Wars but the theatre doesn't come close to my home movie setup.

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 1:00 am

Tycho wrote:
I am pretty anal about image quality that is why I can't stand VHS. I haven't touched a VHS tape since 98. I do agree that some movies need to be seen on the big screen i.e. Jurassic Park, Star Wars but the theatre doesn't come close to my home movie setup.

Whatcha got? Plasma?

0 Rows Returned.
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 8:28 am

He probably has a DVD player hooked up with composite RCA connections too. Rolling Eyes
Tycho
Wanna-Be Webmaster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:33 am

LMAO Your such a smart ass B. I have a two port S-video ready Zienith with 512 lines of resolution going to my S-VIDEO port on my STS DVD player. The second S-Video port is where I have my Digital Signal Satellite TV plugged in. Razz A plasma is something I will get when I have my own house instead of renting one.

barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 7:30 pm

I try my best Wink

I'm more of an audiophile myself... Mainly because any TV I want is just too much... and that is my hold back...

View next topic
View previous topic