PII-400mhz
Voodoo 3 3000
384meg SD-RAM
30gig
Sound Blaster PCI16 Sound Card
etc
etc
etc

Well.................My parents must love me or something.......

They got me a new COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!

Now its no top line rig but WHO GIVES A FUCK!!!!!!!!!! It's basically the computer I was thinking of building anyways. (I'm on a budget you know?)

Here it is!!!!

P4-2.6Ghz
Geforce FX 5200
512meg DDR333 RAM
80gig 7200 HD
Creative Audigy 2 Sound Card
among other minor stuff.......

Oh and it's a Dell! (No alienware, but its fricking better than any store bought comp, etc!) Dell would be my first choice for a more inexpensive comp so Im happy. Like I said I was planning on building one very much like this! Very Happy

yaaaay me!!!!!!! I can now play UT2003/04!!!!!!!!!! And all the other games that came out in the past 2 years.....SCORE!!!! Very Happy

MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED!!!!!!

(oh btw Im typing this post on the new comp!!!! Very Happy)

Ok later all....hope you all got cool shit and get to see some fam and eat good food. LATER Smile

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:34 pm

Oh yeah.......I also got a DVD+R/RW CD-RW burner combo drive.

I've never actually owned a burner of ANY kind!!!! lol

Ok, I'm really going now....later and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! Smile

Last edited by Kharnellius on Wed Jul 32, 2008 13:19am; edited 237 times in total
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 1:02 pm

Congratz Wink
Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:15 pm

Merry Christmas to you!

hope you enjoy it totally!!!!

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:18 pm

pfff... only got a lava lamp and a robe Confused

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:37 pm

Alien Quadrilogyyyyy! Among others.
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:51 pm

Yeah this baby is purring very nicely so far. Though I have found out logitech drivers for their mice suck. Stupid thing seems to want to jump back to default settings every now and then even though when I go into mouse properties it shows that my settings are still there. So what I have to do is change something then change it back then hit apply for it to "remember" oh yeah.......the user made some changes.......duh.

pos.

Anyone else have this problem?

Dragon Rage
UO Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:56 pm

Kharnellius wrote:
Yeah this baby is purring very nicely so far. Though I have found out logitech drivers for their mice suck. Stupid thing seems to want to jump back to default settings every now and then even though when I go into mouse properties it shows that my settings are still there. So what I have to do is change something then change it back then hit apply for it to "remember" oh yeah.......the user made some changes.......duh.

pos.

Anyone else have this problem?
Actually, I've been using Logitech Cordless products for going on 4 years now... starting off with the Cordless Mouse Man, then the Cordless Freedom Optical keyboard / mouse combo, and just yesterday I picked up the Cordless MX Duo... I've never had a problem with any of their drivers, and every time I update them (which I never have HAD to do) I am impressed by their feature sets.... I'd suggest checking to see if you have recent Logitech drivers on there.

Raven
UO Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:24 am

yah i have one of their mice (dunno which one) but i never installed the drivers for it and it works just fine!

personally i found that those drivers just get in the way when i'm playing games (when i used the scroll button i always had a little window pop up infront of my game and i couldent see)

so i uninstalled the drivers and all was/is peachy Smile

hyde
UO Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:22 pm

nice score on the computer! sounds sweet.
barbos
Ultimate Fanboy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:13 pm

Logitech has some nasty software in their bundle. The Logitech Desktop Messenger and Backweb have been deemed as Ad-ware by many spyware programs. If you don't install that, or remove it, then your all set.

That's my only complaint about it. I have a MX500 and it performs beautifully, without the mouse jitter that you can find in cheap sensors of past optical mice.
Kharnellius
Spam King-In-Training

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:19 pm

barbos wrote:
Logitech has some nasty software in their bundle. The Logitech Desktop Messenger and Backweb have been deemed as Ad-ware by many spyware programs. If you don't install that, or remove it, then your all set.

That's my only complaint about it. I have a MX500 and it performs beautifully, without the mouse jitter that you can find in cheap sensors of past optical mice.

Yeah thats the mouse I use. The MX500. It seems to be ok now but every now and then it F's up my bindings for the different buttons. Is there any way to uninstall the drivers yet still have the added functionality of the other keys. And I dont mean default settings.....I want to be able to change them. I need the drivers for that dont I?

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:10 pm

dual optical *thumbs up* it's so amazingly cool and good I just love it

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:49 pm

barbos wrote:

Never installed it.

MX700 Very Happy Gotta love it!

Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:26 pm

of all things, I like my MS Blue Optical mouse. It's simple, 3 buttons w/ scroll wheel. That's all I've ever needed, and I find more buttons just get in my way, and only work in windows anyway Wink

MS may make crap software, but they make some of the best input devices imho. I use their ergo keyboard, and their optical mice almost exclusively throughout my various systems, and I've never been disappointed.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.

View next topic
View previous topic