Unreal Ops Forum Index

Home FAQ Memberlist

View next topic
View previous topic
 Unreal Ops Forum Index » Unreal Ops Soap Box
alpha2003
The Underworld God of Spamming

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:25 pm

i know they graphics are pretty, but what happens in the alpha?

Last edited by alpha2003 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 3:07 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:46 pm

i didn't know there was an alpha..
Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

Location: A small island in the middle of the Atlantic ocean...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:56 pm

mark it clearly as a spoiler if you are going to do something funky

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2004 11:01 pm

Anonymous wrote:
i didn't know there was an alpha..

welcome to the club.....

alpha2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:52 am

u didnt know? Shocked (i almost got it working...almost lol)
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:34 am

So, you're admitting that you illegally downloaded software that was "leaked" from a company?

My opinion of you just went down the toilet. Sorry to say, but if you're going to talk about illegal activities, please do it privately, we don't need that type of stuff on the forums.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
alpha2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:57 am

u know what? I can care less about your opinion of me, If you judge people by what they download that shows a lot about yourself.

... whats the harm done if i TRIED to play an alpha build?

its like saying wow i dont like you anymore because you burned a game.

and i do respect your request for not talking about "illegal activities" in a game forums general chat so i wont post anything anymore because i dont see the point.

sheesh the mods in this place got some kind of grudge against me.

the end.

Last edited by alpha2003 on Fri Jan 09, 2004 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peoii
Ultimate Fanboy

Location: Post Falls, ID, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 4:59 am

I have no grudge against anyone, I'm simply stateing an opinion of my very own. I hold nothing against you for what you have done, but I am allowed to disagree with what you did.

Simply put, any software priacy hurts the industry. And if you "TRIED to play an alpha build", then you were attempting to play a game before it was released in any means thru official channels. That in of itself is morally incorrect, and illegal.

Again, I'll mention I have nothing against you as a person, I just typically put people who pirate software in a lower category than the rest. Why? Because as a person who is a software developer and company owner, I take those attempts to access software illegally very seriously. It's unhealthy for my business, and therefore, unhealthy for me as an individual, so I'll stick by my guns on that one until the ends of the earth.

Also, I have yet to see another place where the "mods in this place" have said anything negative towards you, however, if you would like to continue with some examples to the contrary, I'd be more than happy to speak with you about it over a private message. The last thing I want, or anyone here wants, is to bully on a single poster, infact, I've always believed that UO was a place where anyone could post and be open about it, hence the reason for my last post in this thread, it was an opinion, nothing more, nothing less, and I apologize if you took it the wrong way.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0
0 Rows Returned.
CrashOverwrite
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:10 am

i think i speak for most of the other users here: please, stop bugging each other ok. respect the others oppinion and go on playing games or whatever you do. i can understand both sides: the developer and the "software-pirat" (amo got no other name for it). but please, please stop bugging each other. that`s getting on my nervs Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:22 am

yeah same here... I admit having done illegal things so if I try a demo and like it... I buy it or get it from someone else using legal payment but if it's just good enough for me to play it then I use illegal ways. I bought UT2k3 and I got UT from my friend that bought it and of course it has no-cd on it so I consider it legal. I will buy HL2 and my dad has bought Splinter Cell and CoD. I consider myself being on both sides here and you both have something to say so please as Crashy here said... make love not... uuuh... pepper?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:43 am

ok, ok... i buy 99 percent of my stuff ( i have over 50 retail games lol)
my fave is commanche 4 (as of today)

if you want ill burn u a copy

j\k Wink

Last edited by alpha2003 on Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
CrashOverwrite
Irix WAnnabe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:52 am

hey lalli, if you ever call me "Crashy" angain, i`ll come to you through your desktop and cut out your heart. than i`ll take it and grill it for my hungry dog Wink

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 1:05 pm

CrashOverwrite wrote:
hey lalli, if you ever call me "Crashy" angain, i`ll come to you through your desktop and cut out your heart. than i`ll take it and grill it for my hungry dog Wink
No threats or flames, please. If he made you that mad, take it to the Tournament Wink

Lalli-Oni
UO Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:16 am

CrashOverwrite wrote:

BRING IT ON! *Family Guy quote* Very Happy come on it's a cool one. damn I must act like a decent staff and can't flame you Crying or Very sad

View next topic
View previous topic